Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Project WALL-E

Tanner is in love with Wall-e. He is totally into robots right now. I had bought him this Wall-e book for Christmas because I loved the illustrations in it. Before I wrapped it up, I had the idea that I could frame a few of the drawings for his room and he would love that! So back into the box it went to be saved for wall art. (We did read through it a few times being very careful with the pages!) I bought 3 frames at a garage sale for 25 cents each and they were mis-matched painted. I gave them 3 coats of manila Making Memories paint.
I took my Tim Holtz sander and ran it around the edges to rub it off a little. I like the "worn" look.

I pulled out a few pages from the book and the more I looked at the arrangement the more I like the cover!
I used my craft knife and a straight edge to cut the cover down to size.
After I sliced through the bulk of it I used my good craft scissors to even up the edges.
Then I cut the other 2 pages to size.
Make sure and save the extras so that you can use them on a scrapbook layout! I love this little Wall-e playing with the paddle ball game...I was thinking of putting a red button on the end of the string for the ball.
To make a sturdy backing I used a heavy piece of chipboard cut to size. Even a cereal box works well for this.
Then cut a few more!
I decided to stamp the outside edge of each frame with this cute little circle stamp by Autumn Leaves. (Make sure to use a permanent ink like Staz On.)
A look up-close.
I think it gives it a little more "flair" lol!
The finished project! (Since this book has been sitting around since Christmas...that should give you an idea of how behind I am on my little projects!) It feels good to get it done!

Hanging on the wall in his room!

I'm working on getting together a newsletter today, so be looking for that in your inbox tomorrow! And YES...there will be more sneak peeks!

6 comments:

Holly said...

soooo cute---love the cute project and the stamp on the frame is just great with the robot thing. I am sure Tanner is in heaven! Good for you for completing a project.

Just Call Me Grammy said...

This has to make Tanner very happy :0) Super cute!

TanySol said...

WOW!!! Wally -my litte friend! Nice! I have Walle on my desktop- http://s47.radikal.ru/i117/0906/16/e0d5789e3a28.jpg
And this big picture for you -
http://s39.radikal.ru/i083/0906/a9/8c35a7dfce52.jpg

Houston said...

The badges in your kit are great, what fun thing to use! I love your idea with the wall-e book, I did something similar for our nursery, it's such a great way to get a lot of bang for your buck! Oh and I think that the stamps on the edge are a great touch!

tanyal said...

This is the best idea. My 5 yr old dd loves Wall-E--she would really love these pics framed!

tanyal said...

This is the best idea. My 5 yr old dd loves Wall-E--she would really love these pics framed!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates