Sunday, June 7, 2009

Holy Cow!

Or maybe I should say Holy Turtle! This was staring into my back patio door scratching to get in the house after church today. I totally freaked out!
I was on the phone with my grandma when the dog started going crazy barking his head off, and I thought it was the dog scratching at the door. Little did I know...it was a 2 foot long turtle!!
He promply walked around the house stopping at each door scratching to get in. I can still hear him out back scratching.


I wonder why he wants to come inside so badly? Weird! The kids were thrilled of course! I got brave and stepped outside to take his picture...only because I hopefully can out run a big ol' turtle. He didn't respond to me being right next to him except for tucking his head into his shell slightly. The kids just ran outside to go hunt him down. I just hope he decides to head back down by the river before I mow the yard tomorrow! Hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Ahhhh... but cool pictures!

grandma joyce said...

Bet the kids were thrilled about seeing the turtle - wonder if they gave him or her a name. Hope he gets back to the river before being mowed down - interesting critters you have around there.

Love, Grandma Joyce

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates