Thursday, June 4, 2009

DT Requirements...

I have been getting several emails asking for more details about our Design Team contest. So I figured this is a good place to share a little more info. I have had a lot of international girls ask if they are allowed to enter...and I *wish* I could consider them as permanent DT members, but with the time constraints of monthly kits it just isn't feasible. HOWEVER, I still would consider their entries for guest designing. So it's worth it to enter!! Another question I had asked was if you have to be a subscriber to enter. This call is open to everyone! It doesn't matter if you are well-known in the industry, or if you have never ever been published, we want to see your work! I ask that you can make a year long commitment to designing. I also ask that you don't design for any other kit clubs. (However, if you are designing for another manufacturer or a challenge blog that is perfectly fine.) I typically give designers roughly 2 weeks to work with their kit. These aren't "paid" positions. Your kit is your compensation, so you have to LOVE to scrapbook! Totally worth it, right? I cannot wait to see what you all send over!! Good luck!
So today, Tanner was being disciplined for hitting Chloe with a pencil because she was following him around...which is just what little sisters do...when will he learn? (I was the littlest sister so I remember these days well.) So after we had our little talk...he looks at me very seriously and tells me that he had "some bad news." (Mom and Dad...listen up.) So in his most somber voice he lets me know that he is going to "go to Nana and Papa's in Colorado." It was hard for me not to giggle a little. Didn't we all make those threats when we didn't get our way when we were little? LOL. I asked him how he was planning on getting there...to which he replied "I'm just going to take a lot of rides in a taxi." (Can you imagine how much that might cost to go 1,000 miles??LOL) It made me reminisce about packing up my little sack of my most important belongings which of course meant my stuffed panda and Strawberry shortcake doll, to make my big escape. After all, who needs clothes or food right? Gotta love how having kids around keeps you young! At least it reminds you of when you were young! Hope you have a great night!

3 comments:

truleetraci said...

Hi Heidi... thanks for posting more info on the DT... I am excited!
And thanks for sharing your Tanner story! Love it! I think all kids have a few of those moments... it is a right of passage! and it IS hard not to giggle :-)
It is precious to watch sweet boys transition to young men!

em said...

Too cute. :)
I really liked this book when I was a kid where the big sister ran away when they brought her baby brother home. (It was a family of Badgers.) ;)
Anyway, I used to pretend all the time that I was the character and pack a little bag of food and "run away" under the table at my Grandma's. :)

grandma joyce said...

All too cute of Tanner - however, I hope he knows that he will be seeing Grandma and Grandpa - looking so forward to seeing these two and have waited our turn for oh so long.

Love, Grandma Joyce

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates