Friday, July 18, 2008

Safe & sound...

It's 12:30 a.m. and I am working on my laptop while the kids sleep. (Actually Tanner is snoring...I didn't know he did that?) I'm waiting for my family to arrive, they took a late flight this evening. They should be here very soon! BUT I realized on the drive up that I really like road trips! Especially 2 hour road trips, not too long, not too short. I mean crank up the AC, put a DVD in for the kids, and daydream. I didn't listen to any music. It was just me and my thoughts (along with reading every road sign to make sure I was NOT getting lost.) Good for your heart and soul to have some time to just think. Re-evaluate life, just you and the open road. (Did anyone see the movie Elizabethtown? Yeah, I liked it!) I think I would like a road trip just as much with a friend to chat with, but it is so good to just have that time without all the talk. I don't know, I can't explain it really. I am an adventurer, I like to go new places and find my way and meet new people and be independent. I hope I never out-grow that.

Did I mention the satisfaction that I feel finding the final destination...can't be beat!

So I started a list for journaling on a layout. It is a list of things I only do when no one else is around. I was thinking of some of the quirky things that I habitually do when I am alone. I was kind of cracking myself up. One of them is that I talk to myself, and sing background vocals to music at the top of my lungs...okay I do that when people are around too, but I sound so much better when I don't have to worry if I'm totally off-key. I twirl my hair and braid it. I am NEVER wearing shoes. And the list goes on...so I will for sure be using that on an upcoming layout. What do you do when no one else is around?

So tomorrow, we are CHA bound and I am bursting at the seams with excitement. I will have some very fun things to share with you all then! Oh and my sister and I are going to the John Mayer concert tomorrow night. Colbie Caillet is opening for him and I am really excited about that too. (Mandy-wish you were here!) I am going to meet Ali Edwards for the first time, I kind of feel like I know her already...we email because I advertise on her blog, but I am so excited to get to talk with her tomorrow. I may have to take a little video with the flip camera??

See ya then! Have a great night!

3 comments:

katie said...

I'm happy you got there safely! Make sure to take/post tons of pictures so we can all live vicariously (sp?) through your photos!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Sounds awesome--have fun! I can't wait to hear about it.

Amanda Smith said...

I am SO Jealous!! Eric and I saw John Mayer in February and he was awesome in concert! Too bad Clobie Collait wasn't opening for thim then - I love her too. How was the first day of the show? Can't wait to see your pics!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates