Monday, July 7, 2008

Poster Child...

I should be the poster child for how not to take care of your cell phone. Yes I have lost one AGAIN! This same one accidentally fell out of my pocket on the riding mower and I of course didn't realize it and mowed right over it. Shockingly it still functioned, it just looked a little rough on the outside. But Motorola phones are tough, and I have put them to the test! So the already mowed-over-once cell phone that I haven't even had for 3 months, had to be replaced yesterday and now I can just see myself finding it. Wouldn't that just be the worst? I had the option to buy a new phone or buy a used phone for half the retail price. When they are $300-$400 and I don't have a great track record, I opted for a slightly used one. The salesman tells me that the previous owner only had it for a week, but by the looks of it, this person may also have mowed over this one as well. Oh well, I got a better deal on it because of what he called "cosmetic damage." It looks better than my old one did. There was another guy in the store buying a new phone because he had jumped into a pond with it in his pocket. Maybe we both should be the poster children?

In Freehand Scraps news, if you ordered with us over the holiday weekend, your kits have shipped today! I am getting geared up for CHA mid-month and doing lots of in-advance shopping for the latest things that are coming out. So much fun! There are always lots of good surprises at the actual show, because some companies keep their releases top secret. Can't wait to share pictures with everyone of my favorites!

Have a great day! (And keep your eyes on your cell phone...lol!)

1 comments:

Ellery V said...

I am your cell phone soul mate!! I have lost, had stolen, or ruined too many cell phones to count over the years. My current adventures have been that i dropped my cell phone in a glass of water (which takes a bit of talent, i must say). Luckily, my husband bought the insurance, so I received my replacement phone. Yea! Then, I dropped the replacement phone in the toliet! You have GOT to be kidding me. Well, the insurance only pays for 1 replacement phone a year (for people like me, I'm assuming) so my husband dug out one of my old cell phones that he hid in a drawer for a time such as this. It definitely looks like it was run over by a lawn mower . . . or an 18-wheeler. So far so good - I've been using this one for a week. Good luck!!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates