Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 4th...

It was a great day! We started off watching a parade in a little nearby town. The kids loved it! They especially loved the horses in it...and I got some great video of Tanner dancing to the music they had playing. Later we had a bar-be-que at some friends house and then headed to the lake to watch fireworks and for the kids to feed the little fawns. All in all it was a very relaxing day, and I think I have mentioned before how much I really love the 4th of July. It's such a good reminder of how thankful we should be everyday to live in this great country. There is something about watching fireworks and communities coming together to celebrate that unifies and brings hope.

Sitting at the fireworks show watching Tanner wrap his arm around Chloe and tell her not to be afraid, my heart was soaring! It was a great day! So here's a few pictures from the day...(I only took 121!) But in my defense I did a little photo shoot of the kids too. I have 9 mosquito bites as evidence of my 15 minutes laying in the grass trying to get the perfect shot. Oh what we will do for the sake of this wonderful hobby.

The parade.
Some pictures of the kids I took in the back yard.
The 4th of July dress my mom made for Chloe (complete with rain boots...I think it adds a little something, don't you?) She was loving how "twirly" it was.

And last but not least the deer (these little ones were only 3 weeks old!) and the FIREWORKS!

Chloe was sure she would be afraid of the loud fireworks, but once Tanner put his arm around her and assured her everything would be fine and that they really weren't scary, she was fine.


It was the perfect end to a perfect day, and we all had big smiles on our faces. Gotta love that! Hope you all had a wonderful 4th! Have a great day!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates