Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Goodness...

In cell phone news, when I went out to get the mail today my cell phone fell out of the mailbox and onto the ground. (Some mysterious stranger must have placed it there? Making me think it MUST have been in the yard somewhere?) I started to dance a little jig but my excitement went away when I went to plug it into the charger and it says that it's "unable to charge." We'll see, I haven't given up on it yet!

We have had lots of service people at the house today, plumbers were here to fix a leak, and the power company trimming trees around the power lines...so maybe it was one of them who found the elusive phone?

The plumbers had out their tools, a saw and some other things that Tanner thought were really cool. So he headed into his room and came out in his tool apron. (This apron was made by my mom for my big brother when we were little kids, so it is very vintage, and MOM he loves it!) It really is barely fitting him anymore.
So Chloe was feeling leftout and decided that she wanted an apron too. Never fear...because my mom has made several through the years for us when we were kids. So I got out my baking apron that she made for me, complete with a wire whisk and a handmade pot holder. It has my childhood nickname spelled out with iron-on letters. I actually seem to remember having quite a few nicknames, but this one is a classic. Now if only I had a picture of myself in it years ago to put next to Chloe's picture in it...that would be cool. Oh well, I'm just happy that my mom saved all that stuff that is SO meaningful to me now.




I can appreciate it more after all these years than I ever could as a kid! It brought back some fun memories today! Hope that you had some "goodness" in your day as well!

1 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
ya-a-y! your cell phone found you!
i knew it would come home. just take it in and see if they can enable it.
can't believe the aprons...looks like tanner needs a '5' year old size. i will look for some denim around here and see if i can make a work/tool apron that fits the boy!
hope you saved me that piece of 'deer' paper from the 'thicket' kit..as i am planning to have you help make the cabin guest book...
talk to you soon...hang onto that
old one...could be your back up.
nAnnA lYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates