Thursday, July 3, 2008

Holiday fun...

We're gearing up for the big holiday around here. I just got a package in the mail from my mom...she handmade a 4th of July dress for Chloe! It is too cute. Of course she just "had" to try it on immediately. But I made her take it off and save it for tomorrow. I will for sure post pictures of her in all of her "glory" later. (Thanks mom, it's perfect!) My mom made a similar dress for me when I was a little girl and I was featured in the local newspaper in it. Makes me wish I was a better seamstress. I have limited abilities in the sewing department. I couldn't even imagine making a dress or a piece of clothing period. The only dress patterns I have around my house are for scrapbook pages. Hee hee. (Here's one waiting to be used.)


Yesterday I came across this really cool drawing & coloring book that I just had to have. (I do have kids right?) I think even if I didn't, I would have purchased it anyway. I might not even share it with them...but they will probably make me! Here are a couple of pages from it.

It says "color 36 cherries."
"Draw a sail on this boat."
"Draw tufts of grass."
"Color this with bright colors."
I love the art in this book, and it is such a great way to jump start creativity! It says right on the cover "Perfect for doodlers ages 3 to 99." yep that's me! I always admire "art journals" that people keep. But can't imagine having the time for something like that. AND trying to keep up with my scrapbooking! This is a pretty good alternative I think. It even tells you exactly what to draw. The fact that I can do it with my kids makes it even more appealing!

Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

4 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
ya-a-a-y! the dress arrived in time. can't wait to see it on the girl. papa doesn't think dresses are good for picnics & parades.... but dresses are always good for chloe.
i love the coloring book --where ever did you find it? you could journal inside the drawings with your great handwriting and it would be totally creative.
love you....will miss my tanner boy
and chloe marching to it's a grand 'ol flag tomorrow.
nAnnAlYnn

katie said...

oooh! i really like that book!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I think I need that coloring book to help with my very poor doodling skills. Maybe if a 3 year old can do it...

justbekls said...

I must find this coloring book. So simple but has such tremendous starting points for ideas. Thanks for sharing.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates