Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Looking forward...

Well, it's going to be another whirl-wind of a weekend around here. The kids dad will be here to see them, so this will be the first time I have had a weekend with no kids in forever it seems. Most of the time this would be a welcomed break, but it is bittersweet. Just thinking about not being able to tuck them in at night, makes me feel all mushy inside. It's just that maternal instinct, when they aren't around it just doesn't feel "right." Like something (really someone) is missing. I have filled my schedule to it's max capacity to try and take my mind off of it, and to try to enjoy the small break. I am happy that they are seeing him, it's been months since he was here last. I know they will have a blast!

So I am attending a mini-retreat crop at my LSS on Friday and Saturday. Should be loads of fun, and it must have been meant to be, because I got the last spot on their registration. I have the Aug. kit and Sept. kit to play with and I am totally up for it. I am going solo, so it should be fun to meet some new ladies. I always seem to meet the nicest people at crops. We all have this fun hobby in common! I went to a crop once with a friend and it was late and we were all leaving and as the store was closing she said it would be one of her worst nightmares to get locked in and left behind. I laughed and told her that that would be my dream come true! Especially to a store that sells paper!! (Just thinking about how much I could accomplish is inspiring!) LOL.

Hope you take some time to create this weekend! Good night!

3 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I hope you did ok this weekend. I have been praying for you.

Holly said...

Hope that you had a good weekend. I just got my kit in the mail today when I returned from vacation and it is all great! Love the polka dot butterflies and the fun colors....looking forward to seeing you and CHA and a fun visit.

Sarah Hedman said...

Hi Heidi! once i saw your page, i realized i have been here before!! who knew you lived right here in illinois. i think i followed the link from ali's page ( i check her blog regularly). anyway, so glad you came to the retreat this weekend and so glad we could meet!! hope we can scrap together soon and actually sit by eachother !! :)

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates