Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gearing UP!

Around here we are gearing up for the Craft and Hobby Association trade show in Chicago this week. We have family flying in...lots of family...and it's going to be SO much fun! My sweet sister is going to accompany me this time and I will take any excuse to spend time with her! I will be taking LOTS of photos and sharing them here, of projects and people that inspire me. It's like going on one big shopping spree! So I am totally looking forward to seeing lots of familiar faces and making sure that I pick the best products for our upcoming kits. Honestly, there are sooo many things that I love already that it's going to be hard to narrow it down. I guess that's a good thing though. So if you place an order, or your subscription payment is made between Thursday, July 17th-20th we will be shipping those kits on Monday the 21st. That's the beauty of this trade-show being so close to home! I don't have to be out of the office for long at all.


So today we had to run some boring errands...pick up more shampoo and conditioner (from Bath & Body works) all to find that they have discontinued my favorite scent "pineapple." I was so bummed! I got coconut lime instead, but it just won't be the same. I have an obsession with pineapple. Run to Target to get chai tea for my mom who will be in town also. But shopping with kids is always just so much fun (I am completely being sarcastic here.) We had to find the bathroom in every store we entered for one or both of the munchkins (don't even get me started on the fact that you are in a children's store and your 3 year old needs to go and they send you 2 miles away to the public mall restroom...when they have one in their back room. Why? Why do they do that? I will never understand that logic.) They were feeling quite silly today, and insisted on playing a crazy game of chase that they call "Tom & Jerry" which happens to be their favorite cartoon, in every store we entered. We walked into one store and the sales lady asked me if she could help me find anything and I said "a babysitter?" She laughed while the kids danced in the front display windows. Chloe slammed her finger in the drawer at Bath & Body Works and I don't think she will ever be the same. She is normally so tough, and rarely cries when she gets hurt, but this time the tears just kept on coming. I felt so sorry for her that I bought her something, which is something I hardly every do. Tanner has a turtle that he got as a gift for his birthday that lights up and projects stars onto the ceiling of his room, and you can change the color of the stars. The box says that the colors are proven to soothe kids to sleep. So ever since Tanner got his, Chloe has been pining for one as well. So of course at Bath & Body Works after the finger incident the sales lady sends us to the department store next door because once AGAIN Tanner needs to go to the bathroom. And what do you know, but there is the turtle in all of his glory. and suddenly Chloe's tears magically disappear! So she is sleeping right now with green stars on her ceiling, and life is good. I did manage to get a couple of cute shots of her sitting on a polka dotted chair in front of the Victoria's Secret store. If you know me...you know how I feel about that store, but the polka dot chair, and the polka dot walls were too much for Chloe and she couldn't help but squeal with delight. I think I would like polka dot walls just like that in my scrapbook room!


Keep in mind that these were taken BEFORE the finger incident!



That is Tanner's hand (or should I say Jerry the mouse) still trying to play chase while I am taking her picture. Oy vei! Hope you have a great night!

2 comments:

em said...

You live in Chicago or at least by it??? I didn't know that! I live in Chicago! Have fun at the show! I'll be there Saturday and maybe Sunday...if I see you I'll say hi! :)

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Oh those pictures of Chloe are addorable. I remember shopping with two little ones--not so much fun! Have a great time at CHA, I sooooo wish I could have worked it out to go along. Maybe next year :-) Can't wait to hear all about it.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates