Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Back!

(a little sneak peek of August's kit)
Well it was a whirl-wind of a weekend as expected...and I am exhausted! It was crop-until-you-drop Friday night and Saturday, and a movie squeezed in on Saturday night. I did a good job keeping myself pre-occupied, but I still missed the munchkins a lot! I called them to say goodnight a couple times, but tried to stay out of the way for the most part. I have to say, that I am proud of myself. It wasn't easy, but I did manage to enjoy some small parts of my break from the kids. One BIG thing was waking up in the morning with NO ONE else occupying my bed...I could get used to that! They usually both wander in just before the sun comes up, and it doesn't even wake me up anymore. I just wake up and they are always there. I did a lot of pounding nails into the walls late, late at night...really just because I could. Not because that was important. I walked around looking for projects that I had been wanting to do, and was very productive!

Now... if I could have only been so productive at the crop. I just wasn't in the creative "zone." I don't know if that makes sense. I was a little ADD it seemed, but I still thoroughly enjoyed myself. This little acrylic tag album is a sneak peek from our August kit. It's full of funkiness, and I had a great time working with it! (And YES the tag album is included in the kit!) I decided to make mine into a little book of my playlist. I think it will be funny to look back at it years from now, and see how much I've changed...and probably grown up a lot.

And one more funny thing Tanner said to me on Saturday night. He had been to the zoo earlier in the day and mentioned that he was "really in a heap of trouble" because he couldn't find his toy eel that his daddy bought him. At the end of our conversation I told him that I loved him and I would see him first thing in the morning at church. He responded by saying "Yeah...PBRS momma, love ya!" (Obviously he was trying to say P.S. I love you.) So cute, and I thought to myself that must be written down!

Hope you are having a great day!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates