Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Politics Shmolitics...

This is just my own personal opinion...take it for what it's worth. I almost didn't post about this topic, but I needed to get some of my feelings about the matter written down. (So I guess this is just mostly for me.)

I know there is a LOT of chatter out there about the election, and I just had to share a few of the reasons why I am disappointed today. Why do all politicians have to be such schemers? No one could stand up there and tell you exactly what they believed in and expect to get elected because there would be too many people that would disagree with this or that. So instead they have to be completely FAKE and say whatever different groups of people want to hear. For example, you wouldn't talk about your support of partial birth abortion to a group of mothers...you would talk about your great healthcare and education reform. The same goes for speaking to military families...you wouldn't say that the war was a mistake, you would wait until you were speaking to a group of people who were ticked off about the war to say it. And then what does that mean you really beleive? The #1 thing that drives me crazy is fake people. But I guess to have an opinion and be willing to express it, and not change your views depending on who is sitting in the room, doesn't make you "politically correct." I guess that makes me a not very "politically correct" girl. I don't change what I believe in just because someone might not agree with me. We don't all have to agree, that is what's so great about our country. Frankly, I didn't like either of my options for president...but I believe that I voted for morality. Which is something I think we could use a LOT more of in this country! I actually feel sorry for our new president elect because the entire world has expectations that could never be met...not even close. We have a lot of problems in our country and those will not just be gone in January. It just seems to me that the entire world has jumped on the Barack bandwagon, including almost every celebrity (we won't even go into how messed up most of their lives are...but really why would anyone take their advice?) The media has also had a field day making Mr. Obama into a hero. I am very concerned for the future of this great country. All I can do now is pray, and put it in the Lords hands. He is in control. What a releif!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Amen, Sister! Well said!

Jen said...

Ok so I will try again! I have so much I want to say and you said quite a bit of it very well! I wonder if people really pay attention when they vote???? Just my opinion. But hey who am I? The LORD has a plan. I will hold onto that. Maybe we will get to see him sooner then we think:):)I hope so!!

Penny B. said...

I don't believe there is a perfect candidate that could please everyone. I also don't think there is a quick and clear fix for this country no matter who's president. All I know is that the president will have a tough road ahead of him. It seems to me expecting one person to fix this country is as impossible as expecting our loved ones to fulfill our every need. It is our effort to improve ourselves and our country that will make the difference.

jamie said...

wow, heidi...it seems no one in our "artsy" world thinks or speaks like you did in your post. i have felt lonely having to listen to all the rhetoric and bashing for many months now. it IS in our LORD's hands, no matter who is in office. may we truly humble ourselves and live in gratitude and thanksgiving...

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates