Thursday, November 6, 2008

Honored...

I cannot believe that I have failed to mention yet that Freehand Scraps has had the honor of being featured on Willow Traders as the Featured Kit of the Month! If you are unfamiliar with Willow Traders it is an online kit club resource, a message board, and a place to find inspiration. It has been such a privilege to get to know the girls over there. They wrote the sweetest review of the kit and also of myself! Thank you Willow Traders for helping to get the word out about Freehand Scraps!

Also, I have to say that I am getting ready to kit December's kit and have gathered all the bits and pieces. This has to be my favorite kit that I have ever put together! (And I don't say that about all of our kits here every month!) I love all of the previous kits, because I love different color combinations and styles, and all of the fun bits and pieces that make the kit really come together. But there is something about December that I am SO in *love* with! It is full of great colors and funkiness, and I can't wait to share some sneak peeks with all of you!

So here is another layout from my gallery to share. I took this silly picture because I want to forever be reminded of what it was like to have little ones around the house. Don't get me wrong I complain all the time about them cleaning up their toys and finding lizards in the toes of my shoes. But one day I realize that I will look back at those little things and really miss them. So I snapped this picture of Tanner's penguin perched next to my sugar canister in the pantry. I know the day will come when I wish I had to drag their toys up the stairs again, and help them wash their hands, and help them cut up their food...because one day, they won't need me anymore to do it. The title of this layout is "Penguin Proof."

I know that I have mentioned this little bird paper is one of my all-time favorite papers! I used one of the decorative edges from one of the Sassafras Lass papers and layered on top of that another one of the Crate Paper glitter borders trimmed to fit, and the photo is matted on the Mr. Campy wood grain paper.

So I just had to share a few pictures of Chloe from this evening...she is completely infatuated with my little red ipod. She asks to wear it every time she sees it! I love it that we both love music...and we love to sing together.

Hope you have a great night!

1 comments:

grandma joyce said...

Heidi - Loved those sweet pictures of Chloe - what a photogenic little girl!! Just wondered if the penquin was one of those I gave Tanner this past summer, how he loves penquins and to hold on to those little guys the way he does. Hang on to all those precious moments you are talking about, one day those memories will be so treasured.
Love, Grandma Joyce

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates