Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's one of those days...

It's rainy and cold and the perfect day for sitting next to the fire and snuggling under blankets. The kids have the day off of school for Veteran's Day. Which is fine with me, but they have definitely inhibited my productiveness...if you know what I mean. LOL. I have been meaning to get the pictures of my Thanksgiving place cards taken to share with you here. Sorry the lighting isn't the greatest, but we have super overcast skies here today. There were so many little extra pieces left over from my November kit that I thought they would make the perfect place cards for Thanksgiving. These could easily be translated into cards also. The only thing used that isn't in November's kit is the alphabet, which is from our Sept. kit. But the alphabet from November's kit would also work.
I used a mixture
of the antique
birds, and the
glitter die cuts
from Crate Paper.
I even used the
burlap fabric on
a few of them
to add some
texture.



I love
having a
few of the
letters stick
up over the
top of the
card.

This one with the trees on it may be my favorite. I just trimmed one of the glitter borders to size, cut little trunks out of the wood grain paper and attached 2 of the die cut glitter circles for the tree tops. Easy! Hope you are having a cozy day!

3 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Those are adorable. Hope you enjoyed your day!
Terry

Dee said...

they are super cute! love them :)

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
those placecards are totally
adorable. am bringing garden gloves
to make a turkey puppet with the kids. nice weather is headed your
direction...it's a gorgeous day here.
love you!
nAnnAlYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates