Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More of Happy Trails...

What a day! I had an appointment to get Chloe's shots today, because her school had informed me she was missing one. After all kinds of phone calls to the old pediatrician and the new pediatrician. We waited for 40 minutes in the waiting room all for the nurse to come out and say she didn't need any! Ugh. I knew I was right, and that she wasn't behind on any of her immunizations. So she got her flu shot while we were there...she was so brave and didn't even cry. I was a very proud mom. Then the dog had to go to the vet today. He needed his shots and also last night I discovered a tick on his neck which I got to extract! Ewwww. After a call to the emergency vet late last night, I decided I had better have him checked out. I actually cried because they just aren't as gentle with animals as they are with children. He was such a good dog. The vet and his nurse just marveled at how calm and sweet he remained while they had to be pretty aggressive to get the rest of the tick out. This may be the biggest reason I don't like living in the woods! He also got a cortisone shot for the swelling and pain and he seems to be just fine. And finally I got the Christmas lights hung up late this afternoon. Makes me want to put on some Christmas music. I definitely made the most of the last of our 70 degree days!

Here is a card from my gallery I wanted to share...I know my day needs some brightening up!

I actually made the base of the card from the cardstock that was included in the kit and sandwiched it together and punched holes in the left hand side to string the burlap through and tie it together. I thought it gave it a "woodsy" feel, it almost looks like sticks or branches.

I cut the tree trunk from the Mr. Campy wood grain paper freehand and stuck it on. I thought that the Fancy Pants green pom pom trim looked like it was a branch with leaves on it, so I just cut a few different lengths of that and adhered it to the card with glue dots. I finished it off with a few of the leaves hand cut from the Mr. Campy paper tucked in, and again adhered them with glue dots. I like to slightly fold the leaves to make them look more 3-dimensional. And then I slightly roll the glue dot so that it just adheres the leaf along the center. The sweet birdie is already glittered for you so I just stuck him on the branch.
These are a few of the place cards I made with Happy Trails. I will try to get a little better picture of them tomorrow in the daylight! And share the ones I made with the birds on them as well. Hope you are all having a wonderful night!

3 comments:

Penny B. said...

I love the way you used the pom pom fiber! Adorable!!

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
this card is totally adorable.
love that wood grain paper and how
you put it all together with texture. great design. also...
the place cards are very cool.
love,
nAnnAlYnn

grandma joyce said...

Heidi - Oh, how I miss Mackie, over a year now since seeing him, miss the times we used to watch him for you guys, took him for long walks and played with him and his toys. Hope he doesn't have too many tic problems - what a good little companion he is!!

Grandma Joyce

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates