Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up...

We live near a town that is the "Pumpkin Capital of the World." There are pumpkin fields everywhere around here, and they have some very celebrated traditions. This weekend was the annual pumpkin festival, and they have a parade and a small carnival. My favorite part is the yummy pumpkin food that they have each year. The pumpkin chili is the BEST (I know it sounds weird, but it is absolutely delicious!) I wanted to try the pumpkin doughnuts this year, but they were all sold out. Bummer, I will make sure that I get one next year.


The kids waited patiently for the parade to begin. This picture makes me smile. Tanner has his hands full of animals, as always. Those squishy lizards are his favorite right now, and the other hand is full of little monkeys. There is never a time where you won't find his hands full of animals or cars. So cute. And Chloe just had to bring her kitty in it's little carrier. All of this had to be stored in my purse so that they could pick up all the candy that was thrown to them.
Some more waiting...

And the parade finally arrives. This is the biggest pumpkin of the season weighing in at 582 lbs. Holy moly, that's a big pumpkin. It seemed so precarious on that little platform, bumping around up there, I thought for sure it would just roll off of it and smash into a million pieces.
In other VERY exciting news...my brother and his wife just arrived home from Myanmar this morning! What an answer to lots of prayer it was. They have been waiting for her to get her visa to come to the states for a year and half! I am so excited to have them back home. I haven't seen them since we were in Myanmar for their wedding.
So welcome home, I am so glad that you are back! I can't wait to catch up!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Glad that you had a good weekend!The pumpkin festival sounds fun! It was great to see Jake's face this morning and his darling wife.

I took some pictures of them after they got refreshed from the long trip. I will share them with you soon.

Holly

grandma joyce said...

heidi - What a great place to take the kids to the pumpkin festival - must have been a lot of fun for each of you.

Typical Tanner with his animals, how cute of both of them enjoying the event.

Love, Grandma Joyce

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates