Monday, September 8, 2008

Quick post!

Thought I would share a quick project I made. It took me about 5 minutes to make. I was inspired at CHA by the 7 Gypsies booth. They had an old white plate that said "lucky 7" on it and I loved the way it looked! I started looking for an old white plate when I got back home, and found 3 or 4 at the junk/thrift store. (Even a square one that I gave to my sister. It was really vintage!) I tried to find some that were really thick and older, to fit the look I was going for...I didn't want anything new and shiny or fancy looking. Then I had to decide what I wanted my plate to say...that was the real dilemma! I finally decided on "So lucky" since I had a rather small plate and the sticker letters I was using would be a perfect fit. I was thinking of Thanksgiving and displaying it in my kitchen above the sink. It would also be cute to spell out something on several plates, or even put numbers on them and line them up on a wall. Really there is so much you can do with an old plate that cost $1.00 and some imagination! (Mine has an old spot on the bottom left corner...to me it adds to the charm. *smile*)


In case you are wondering the "so" letters are an old Chatterbox transparency alphabet. And the "lucky" is an American Crafts alphabet. (Using up my stash!)

This is just a cute drawing that Tanner's BFF drew in Sunday School this week of the two of them. Isn't it cute how the apples are falling out of the tree? It's just the details in it that put a smile on my face. They have such a sweet relationship, and are two of the silliest boys you'll ever meet!
Hope you have a wonderful night! I will be getting a newsletter out tonight or in the morning, so if for some reason you don't see it in your inbox, I will post it here also tomorrow!

2 comments:

Penny B. said...

LOVE the plate Heidi!! I also am totally obsessed with orange and black right now so this has got me all inspired and ready to create! :)

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
great plate...and a great suggestion.
i love numbers and it would be great
fun to do that too. very cool.
you need to keep that drawing....
it's adorable. reminds me of the
'scribbles' coloring book you featured.
love you,
nAnnAlYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates