Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where I've been...

Um...I don't think it's a good sign that I've started my last 2 posts with "update" titles. What a bad blogger I've been. There has just been SO much going on around here lately.

I just need to say how nice it is to have the kids back, I don't know what my life would be like without them. I can tell you it wouldn't be much fun! They save me everyday. They make me laugh everyday. They bring an unbelievable amount of joy to my world. They are just about the best thing that I was ever blessed with! Oh my goodness,I just need to go squeeze them. Sorry for the mushy "Momness" of that, but I always get the blues when school starts again.

I have been going through another phase of reflecting. Realizing that my youngest is getting ready to spread her wings in a week and start kindergarten. The challenge of getting organized and into the swing of things is always such a big adjustment after a long, relaxed summer. We are getting excited...but we are also trying to enjoy every last minute we still have left together.

I also said goodbye to my sweet Mom and took her to the airport on Tuesday. Traffic was craaazy...adding more than an hour and a half each way to the journey. It is always so hard to see her off. I love her so much...we weren't 5 minutes away from the airport when the kids were saying "we miss Nana!!!" She has such a way with them. She had prepared a whole vacation Bible school session with them. She called it "Camp Hallelujah" and even made us all t-shirts. She told awesome Bible stories that the kids were absolutely enthralled by. (And that I am kicking myself for not getting photos of!!) She had really fun arts and crafts projects...one was a scavenger hunt through the yard that afterwards I renamed the "snakey scavenger hunt" as I can't seem to navigate the yard without seeing one lately. Eeek! We all came running up the hill screaming...when we finally reached the door, my Mom thought we were all laughing and having a great time. Little did she know I was running for my life! LOL!

We also took on the major task of having a garage sale while she was here. We had a great sale, and I love that garage sales make me rethink every purchase I make. For example as you eye those shoes that are $6 and you know you don't need, don't have anything to wear with, and figure you might wear once...I just say "NO!" LOL! You will be selling them at your next garage sale! I still have piles of things to take to the donation center!

And Tanner started flag football! The temperature was 95 degrees but the heat index put us at a whopping 110 degrees...but it was so fun to watch him get his first coaching in a sport that I really like to watch.

Am I the only Mom who is ready for school to start and yet not ready at all!? I'm cherishing this week!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I think the teachers of the world are feeling just the opposite of the moms of the world. I need just one more month.

Lexi said...

Good to know you are good friend! Flag Football??!!? He can't be old enough :(

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates