Friday, August 13, 2010

And my heart smiled...

Tonight during Tanner's football practice...wait a minute I think I need to rewind. This week has been one of really HOT humid weather. The heat index was about 110 degrees during this particular football practice. I can't imagine running around in it...I was only sitting there and I was sweltering. At least the coaches were giving the boys a lot of water breaks. So Tanner ran over and I told him he was doing a great job and he said "I'm actually having a lot of fun out there!" So after the very hot practice his coach walked over to me and I was fully expecting him to tell me what we should be working on at home. (They take their football very seriously here!) I haven't a clue really how to teach Tanner the basics of football. I just tell him to have fun out there and try his best. But instead the coach says "I just wanted to tell you that your son has such a pure heart. What a good kid." This is the 2nd practice of the season. For him to already see Tanner's character just makes my heart smile. Because after all folks, our actions speak so much louder than our words. I am learning lessons from him every single day.

4 comments:

NickelNook said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I love your line..."And my heart smiled..." Absolutely love it!...Nancy :o)

Samantha said...

ahhhhhhh Heidi I am so glad you posted this little snapshot from your day. You are a wonderful momma to these beautiful children. Thinking about you.xoxoxo

nAnnAlYnn said...

bless tAnner's heart... he is such
a good boy and has a great and fun personality. wonder if ever anyone
could notice me having a good attitude during high heat/humidity.
it's all too easy to be crabby when you're melty drippy wilted...and i'm so proud of tanneR. way to go!

Lexi said...

This makes my heart smile. HOW PRECIOUS!!!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates