Friday, August 20, 2010

Inspired!

I love how so many things can bring you inspiration! Have any of you been watching Design Star on HGTV? It is down to the final 2 contestants, and they are competing for their own show on HGTV. My favorite designer is Emily and she has made it to the end. Her concept for her show is to use your wardrobe as your inspiration...or more particularly using a outfit that represents you as your rooms decor inspiration. Let's face it we all wear colors and textures that are our favorites. Your clothes represent your personality...and so should the rooms in your house! So Emily shows a few examples (posted below) on her BLOG. So fun!

And this is the "glass room" challenge from last weeks episode that is inspired by the outfit she is wearing. Love it! It's my favorite room from the entire season for sure!
Now since I am a scrapbooker, you know I am thinking about how I can translate this to a scrapbook page....anyone else up for the challenge? I think I may try it tomorrow
...the color scheme is just perfect. And can I just say how much I love that green couch? Eeek!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for giving away the design star series!! I had not watched the current episodes and did not know what had happended. I was planning on catching up today...now I guess I don't need to! LOL!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I agree...I thought that room was awesome and just about perfect and I would bring that green couch home in a heartbeat. So not what my house looks like, but a girl can still dream :o) She is definately my favorite too!

nAnnAlYnn said...

sigh...i do like the room. that
episode is unavailable to watch
as of yet....so i am grateful that
you posted this room and her blogspot. tried to catch up and
was bummed that i couldn't see this
episode or any project runway episodes either.
lots of creativity...can't wait to see what you scrapbook from this.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates