Monday, August 23, 2010

$8 of totally impractical footwear...

So I was at the consignment store...not for shopping but actually for consigning some clothes. Now I had only been into this store once previously and I saw these shoes, I thought they were so cute! They are J Crew and are completely impractical and were still $16 (which in 2nd hand terms seems like kind of a fortune...especially when you have a pretty good idea that someone else had their feet in them.) So I said a sweet goodbye to them and moved on. Honestly they never really crossed my mind after that.
So as I was leaving the store on this particular day, I saw the shoes again...only with a bright red line through the price tag that meant half off. SCORE! $8 of totally impractical footwear. Now I am of course going to see how I can translate this color scheme and design into a scrapbook page!
They are kind of a coral colored silk with tiny off-white polka dots and yellow leather straps with a gold shoe liner. I like how the raw, natural looking wedge balances the girlishness of them. I don't think they had ever been worn, the soles and everything about them looked brand new. I'm thinking that they may be harder to translate to a scrapbook page than my last challenge...but I'm going to give it a shot! Anyone else inspired by fashion? You should join me and try it out...you just might find it stretches your creativity. And of course you have to share your links!! And I would like to just say...I thought it was pretty hard to take a photo of the back of my head when I showed my little "summer hair" post...but it was pretty hard to get a good shot of my feet too. I don't think I have a very good chance of becoming a foot model anytime soon. :)

1 comments:

La Vikinga said...

Maybe unpractical but totally cute!!!!!!

Charlotta sends greetings from Sweden

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates