Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Twas the night before...

...the first day of school. I have some very mixed emotions. Tonight I went to kindergarten orientation and met Chloe's teacher and was SO impressed! She is going to have an awesome year, and that makes saying goodbye to her tomorrow a little easier. She is in very capable hands. AND her teacher has a blog...are you kidding me? I already love her a little just for that! So I thought I would share this layout I just finished about Chloe. I waited my whole life to have a daughter to get manicures and pedicures with....she looked so tiny sitting there in that chair so I whipped out my phone and got this shot.
The little frame in the bottom left corner says "you and me" in Girls Paper sticker letters...which are also lined up next to my photo. I'm loving them!

Tanner is starting first grade and is completely fascinated with the solar system right now (which works well with his love of robots.) So I used some stamps and made a few tags for his school supplies. Everything had to be labeled! Down to each and every crayon and marker and pencil. It took me forever! :)
When I showed him this robot in his colored pencil packet...he started beaming. I can't help but think that every time he pulls out supplies, he'll be reminded again that he has a Mom who thinks he's the greatest! And that's what it's all about! :)
I'm off to check that the camera and my flip video camera have lots of batteries for the big day tomorrow...and that my purse is stocked with Kleenex. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hope the kids (and you) have a great first day.

Lexi said...

Was thinking of you this morning and said a little prayer friend!! Can't wait to hear how it all went :)
And I LOVE this layout--the photo and design look so perfect together!

Holly said...

AWWWW....love to see the fun things for school. It does help to be a scrapbooking mom who happens to have a stash of sticker letters, and fun things to label school supplies. I cannot wait to hear how the first day goes for both of them. Share some pictures!! BTW, the layout is darling---LOVE it!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates