Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fruition...

Here it is! This is the layout I finished last night that was inspired by Design Star on HGTV. (If you have NO idea what I'm talking about go back and read my last post:) I tried all kinds of backgrounds for this project and finally decided on this paper I have been hoarding that kind of looks like I actually painted and layered and decopaged the entire background, but I didn't. It came like that...hence the hoarding of this entire line by daisy d's. It's from the Wonderland collection. I chose the vibrant green to play on the green sofa she added to the room, the waves patterned paper behind the photo block is by Sassafrass and it was the best choice I had on hand to play off of her floral fabric behind the green couch.
I added the woodgrain alpha to bring out the wooden floors she chose for the room and the other elements in her room that were wood. The paper with the quote on it that is black and white was added to incorporate the animal skin rug she chose for the floor.





Now is the part in the post where I explain that if you are laughing at these photobooth pictures of us...then you are laughing WITH us and not at us! We were having a blast and I love how "imperfect" they are. You see this was the day I got the kids back from their summer visitation with their dad and we were all GIDDY! :) Just sooo happy to be together again!
I added lots of bits of this and that because her room was full of finishing details that added the warmth and funkiness that I loved so much about her room. So why not throw on there a coin from my last visit to Malaysia? Done! That sweet feathery daisy is Martha Stewart.

The sweet little doilies were added so the entire project looked more layered because I really liked how she overlapped the rugs in her room one was rectangular and plain and the other was organic and irregular. A perfect mix if you ask me. (Except I would never have an animal skin on my floor...because it's just sad...unless it was fake!)

And speaking of fruition (which to me means when a plan comes together) that is one of the names I considered using when I was dreaming up Freehand Scraps. I hope you had an inspired weekend! If you joined me in creating a layout inspired by an outfit you must link us to your blog so we can see! I may start having to do a prize when I post a challenge...anyone interested?

3 comments:

truleetraci said...

love, love, LOVE this idea and your layout! I have been watching Design Star too... so I totally got how/why this inspired you! Emily's glass room was my fav too!
I am ALL FOR a challenge!
Bring it on my friend! You inspire me to create!
Love ya!

Holly said...

TFL! I too am up for this challenge...count me in-this layout is so great-love the mix of things and all the interest it creates-love the photos too!

Amanda Smith said...

I LOVE THIS! :) The paper and the alpha is just perfect!

I am finally home and climbing out from underneath the piles of laundry, but I hope to call you this week. Hope you are doing well!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates