Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Break!

So it's been spring break around here this week. We have been soaking up the sunshine and watching the colors of spring unfold like a great big present. A long, much anticipated gift! We haven't done too much this week and have been at the dentist office everyday this week! (How did that happen?) But since the office is downtown...I did do a little photo shoot of the kids on this beautiful day! (I'll share pic's at the end of this post.) But first a few more projects from my gallery...this photo is from 2007. That's just how I roll...I scrap whatever I have laying around that's inspiring me at the moment. I thought this "Hello" journaling spot was perfect for all the white space at the top of the photo. And that raindrop paper by MME...be still my heart. Love it!
I hand stitched the edge of the green cardstock and added some of the Hambly rub-ons also. The bird is lifted off the page just a bit with foam squares for just a bit of dimension.

This little envelope/photo holder I made to hold a few of Chloe's preschool photos. I LOVE this Crate Paper yellow dot paper...but you already know how I feel about polka dots. I trimmed the letters "A" and "T" from the "what to EAT" sheet included in the kit and added a little ribbon that I sewed on in a little ruffle. I just couldn't get enough of those Dear Lizzy crochet flowers!

Here you can see her photos tucked inside.
And now onto the kiddos photo shoot. This is SO Chloe! Always with a puppy in her arms with her sweet little angelic expression.
My Tanner boy...looking so grown up! Wearing the only pair of jeans he owns that do not have a hole in the knee. We spent this evening putting together a Bionicle that he got for his birthday. He is just seeming so grown up to me lately. The dental hygienist was quite taken with him. (This was the 2nd time she had seen him this week.) She told me that he had thanked her very kindly for "taking the time to do this for him." They both love the dentist. They must not be my children...I was very anti-dentist as a child...just ask my Mom. (Or NOT!) LOL!
They were most interested in chasing squirrels and picking me every dandelion that they could get their hands on. (By the way they made me take pictures of all of the squirrels that were around also...fair is fair after all.)

Hope you all had a beautiful day! Is it spring break for anyone else?? I'm thinking I need to plan an adventure to take the kids on this week...I have a few ideas brewing. Making memories is just so much fun!

1 comments:

Holly said...

Cute dress and shoes on Chloe!! Even cuter pictures of the kids! Is that puppy by chance the one we left at your house?---it looks as if Chloe is taking good care of it!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates