Monday, April 5, 2010

Out like a lamb...

Isn't that how the saying goes...March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb? Well it most certainly went out like a lamb here! We have had temps in the mid 70's and even 80's for the last week or so. Nice! So very nice! I am in love with spring right now! Just thought I would stop in to share some of my gallery today. I worked a little outside of my usual "comfort zone" this month by making a layout with no photos. I know it's something other people do all the time...but this girl usually does this about once a year! I like to think that it's like a page from my journal, only waaay prettier. I also wanted to make an 8 x 11 page this month...just to step outside of my "normal" style. Here I used the Maya Road chipboard word inked with my turquoise ink pad and stitched around the edge of the page. I also divided the title and the journal entry with the Fancy Pants ribbon from the kit. That light bulb has to be one of my all-time favorite embellishments we have EVER had in a kit. You won't find it anywhere else!! :)

You may not be able to see from the photo...but the light bulb has clear acetate stitched over the top of the "filament" so that there aren't any wires poking your albums! My Mom is just Martha Stewart only way better! She came up with this idea.

And this is a little card to thank her for all she does for me! (Pretend you didn't see it here okay Mom?) Don't you love that turquoise Dear Lizzy crochet flower? So cute!

Did you all have a beautiful Easter weekend? The kids dad was in town so I was flying solo...but after having a house full of company last week, the peace and quiet was a welcomed change. I spent the entire day Saturday putting back together the house and I went through all of the kids toys and got rid of about half of them! Spring cleaning is in full effect around here. It's all good!

4 comments:

Lexi said...

ahh spring cleaning!! I plan to tackle the dreaded toy purge sometime in the near future...but it must be when the kiddos are gone ;) Loved your page with just the journaling. Makes me wanna try :)

nAnnAlYnn said...

i lOve that page too. spring
cleaning is happening here also
and been out walking again at last.
the weather is so beautiful
you can't help but grin.
i lOve that card that i will pretend i didn't see and hope the mail
comes with a little crochet flower. wa-a-a-y cute.

sillypea said...

Your REAL layout is really wonderful and inspiring - thank you for sharing!

Erin said...

LOVE your layout! Can I tell you how excited I am to get the new kit in the mail? That lightbulb is fabulous!! I am in full-on spring cleaning mode as well...made it through my closet last night, hoping to get to the playroom later this week! Have a great one!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates