Monday, April 12, 2010

Mowing Monday...

Well, it's officially that time of year again, meaning SPRING. And if you know me, then you know that I have a big yard. I mean reaaaaallly big! Almost 7 acres big. So as you can imagine it takes me a very long time to keep it looking good. So last night my "mower man" came out and gave it a little tune up, namely it had a totally flat tire. So this afternoon (on a totally perfect 77 degree day) I went out and mowed until I ran out of gas and was forced to stop. I always wonder where in the world I am going to find the time to add all of the yard work into our busy lives, but somehow I always manage to fit it in. I love spring and summer...but I just really wish it didn't mean so much mowing. The silver lining is that it looks sooo pretty now.

Now onto more important/fun things. I still have one last layout from my gallery to share. My kids have a "thing" for Lone star. I don't know what it is...maybe the peanuts in a bucket? I think the food is just okay. Definitely not my favorite place to eat. But it seems it is the number one requested restaurant on their birthdays. And they always get to pick on their special day. Tanner always orders the same thing...chicken strips with french fries and ketchup. (He really makes a big deal about the ketchup to the waitress, even though it's sitting right next to him ON the table. LOL.) Chloe always orders macaroni and cheese and broccoli, she is so much like me! And I am blessed that they both like vegetables. I am noticing more and more that they are willing to try new things and are being less picky.
I trimmed the American Crafts paper and left a few random rectangles on the right hand border to give it a funky edge. And how cute is that American Crafts thickers alphabet?

I added a few other strips of paper underneath that to give it even more dimension. I typed my journaling with my typewriter, and hand cut a few hearts to add to the bottom corner to balance everything. It seemed the enlarged picture was seeming too heavy, and added a little strip of the Hambly stitches rub-ons! I love Hambly's rub-ons, they are a breeze to use!
But seriously...the best part of this page is this picture. Seriously. Pure JOY! This is why I scrapbook! Exactly why.
So please tell me I am not the only one who is having to mow grass! Anyone else?? Hope your week is off to a fantastic start! :)

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates