Monday, January 18, 2010

It's never too soon...

To start decorating your house for Valentine's Day is it?? Not at my house at least. I spent some time getting crafty around the house this weekend. I made this super long heart garland and maybe got a little carried away because it's been tough finding the right spot for it since it's SO long. It turned out pretty cute. I told my Mom that I can dream up what I want to make, but I am not so good at executing the vision I have in my head. Once I get it hung, I'll post a picture of it's "final resting place." LOL.
I bought at least 3 or 4 sheets of each color of felt at the craft store and only used one sheet of pink and one of red. Hmmm...I could make garlands for all of my neighbors too and not run out! Oops! I'm planning to make a few more and then some individual hearts to hang from the dining room chandelier.
I added a few smaller hearts to the larger ones and stitched the outline of the smaller heart, just to give it a little variety. None of the hearts match, every single one is different. Totally "freehanded" it.


Oh, and I also made a few Valentine cards...I'll share a few more tomorrow and also another little V-day project I made. These heart cards were in the $1 bins at Target...aren't they cute? I added some canvas fabric paper and layered a heart I cut from felt with a chipboard button. SO easy.

I hope you all had a super weekend! I'll share some more tomorrow! :)

5 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi...it's super cute. it's
inspiring. we have hearts all over
the place here....fun. makes me
want to stitch some of them together.

Amanda Smith said...

Cute garland! Did you pin the hearts together before you fed them through, or did you just keep adding them as you went? The cards are cute too! I am hoping to work on some valentines crafts this week. Also looking forward to my kit! :)

Erin said...

LOVE the fun freehand hearts--can't wait to see where you end up hanging the garland! Also adore the idea of adding some embellies to $1 bin cards...why start from scratch if you don't have to? SO cute!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Cute garland...you apparently inherited some of you mom's artistic stitching talent :o)

Holly said...

cute garland and fun valentines cards.....it is putting me in the mood to decorate for V day or just send someone a very cute card!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates