Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Snow...

This is a layout I had started ages ago...I just hadn't put the finishing touches on it. I had it all adhered to the page (minus some embellishments) and just didn't like the way it was turning out. Am I the only one that does that? So I left it unfinished and worked on other things that were inspiring me. I came across it just laying there and decided it need some love and attention. I added the little Cosmo Cricket chipboard accents and a title and few pieces of this and that.
I added a little DMC floss to hook the mittens together...eek...how cute are they?
I stapled on a bit of the Jolly By Golly paper left over from my Christmas cards, and added a small piece of birdie ribbon.

The pink flower underneath the snowflake really isn't too great for a snowy page, but it makes the snowflake chipboard stand out and I like that. The alphabet is an old one by American Crafts. I must have really liked it when it was new because I have multiple sets of it!
I added some pearls to add even more dimension to the snowflakes. How was every ones day?? I am busy preparing for our trip to CHA in California right now. I am super excited! Has anyone seen all of the beautiful sneak peeks out there from several different manufacturers? I have seen some I am in love with! What are your favorites so far?

3 comments:

DT said...

it's so cute...
i love your work...
i too love making things like this, but i stand nowhere near you!! hats off to you!

Holly said...

cute layout...love that Cosmo. The new lines for CHA I have noticed are the Crate Paper Brook, Lilly Bee, Sassafrass. I am so jealous that I am not going!!

Erin said...

Darling layout! Just love the mittens. I definitely do that too--I'll start a layout, decide I'm not happy with it and set it aside. I'll typically find it again in a month or so and am inspired to complete it. :) The new lines I am LOVING right now are from Maya Road, Sassafras and My Mind's Eye.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates