Thursday, May 14, 2009

Things I should know by now...

Going to garage sales and buying GIANT old buoys for 25 cents when you know that you have a tiny car and 2 kids to get home, isn't always the best idea. The kids played by the cow pasture while I literally sawed and cut with pruning sheers and my tiny Swiss Army knife on my key chain, to leave the broken buoys behind. I fit them in the car, however I think the farmer and his wife...and his daughters...and their six kids that were running around...and the roofers that were working there...ALL thought I was crazy! Maybe I am! After 20 minutes of trying to untie sailor knots, (is there such a thing?? LOL.) I was ready to just leave them with the people instead. They all wanted to know what exactly I was planning to do with them, and that is a very good question. I have NO idea. But I love them anyway. For now they will probably hang in the garage until I find them a place. All is well that ends well, if you ask me!
Here is another picture I snapped of Tanner's bookcase last night. I always laugh because I am a neat and tidy person where everything needs to be in it's place. Tanner, on the other hand, just wants to be able to enjoy all of his stuff all at once. I had given them a bath, and had put all of these items in their "homes." By the time I had Chloe's hair dried...Tanner had put them all on "display" all over again. Only this time his Jesus toy was standing amongst the mess...as if Tanner was hoping he might protect his little sanctuary of toys, and you know what? It worked. I left them as they were.
Hope you all have a wonderful night!

2 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Both of those pictures made me smile (o: especially Jesus!

truleetraci said...

That's usually where Jesus is at my house too.... right in the middle of the mess :-)
I am SO GLAD He is!
Keep me posted on what you do with your garage sale finds... I couldn't have left those behind either!!!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates