Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mini book...

Here is the project I have been working on this weekend. This little book will document our family tradition of visiting Tanner's Orchard each fall. I finally decided that I had so many pictures from going for 2 years in a row now, and they were all photos that I wanted to use, that I should just make a mini book instead of a million layouts in my family album. (I got this cute album at Walmart on clearance it's called the Gumdrop Scrapbook kit by Martha Stewart.) I used some fabric and a journaling spot from this month's kit. The apple is from our July kit called "Flutter."
I used the first page to tell the story of what this album is all about. I love that little Fancy Pants flower transparency!!
I bought an old atlas at a garage sale and cut up bits and pieces of it to use. I love the way it looks on these pages. (This apple farm is about 45 minutes from where we live...so I could even find the exact location on this old map.)

The blue grid background is how several of the pages included in the book are pre-printed.


The kids got to go on Cider Barrel rides...they are being pulled by a tractor. How much fun?
The sun and cloud are Cosmo Cricket from their Jack's World line (I added the suns rays.)
They also LOVED the pony rides! Tanner waited an extra turn so that he could ride the "tiger stripes" pony. AKA the horse with the tiger printed saddle blanket. LOL. The photo on the left was very blurry, but I loved it anyway and wrote my little title with a slick writer right on top of it.
Since this book isn't going to have page protectors on it, I wanted to make it a little interactive and added a spinner so that the kids could be "hands-on" with it.

There are a few more pages that I am finishing up to add to this. It was so nice to sit and make something that I just had fun with. I wasn't thinking about perfection or the perfect photos. My focus was making it fun for the kids to look at, and telling the story of how much fun they have each year that we visit! Hope you all had a great weekend! Did anybody else get crafty?

6 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Darling little album...we love Tanner's orchard too!

Holly said...

Cute little book Heidi! I know the kids will love it! I went to a crop and got 3 or 4 pages done...does that count? I am slowly wittling away at H's baby book.

truleetraci said...

LOVE your orchard album!!! The colors and layouts are so simple yet fun and colorful!
I love it!
I haven't had TIME to be crafty this weekend... busy time of year for us!
But our summer vacation is right around the corner!
Yeah!

em said...

This is just perfect!!! Love it! :)

carolkolakowski said...

Your album is so cute. Love the spinner! Do you know where it came from?

Heather Prins said...

that is gorgeous!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates