Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Last day...

Last day of school. Awwww...it was a sad day, but fun day. These two ladies have been amazing this year. They have poured out as much love and knowledge and kindness to these two little ones as humanly possible.
The kids are really going to miss them...I think I may miss the whole school routine also! I offered to come in and help with their party and they gave me the important job of being the official face painter for the afternoon. That was fine, except for Tanner and his friends wanted things like crocodiles and black sharks. Ummm yeah, I have a hard enough time drawing on a piece of paper, let alone a squirmy 5 year old! LOL. They didn't care though...you can see Tanner is trying to show his off in the picture above.
I stopped and took a picture of the sky on the way home. This picture doesn't do it justice, but you should have seen how beautiful it was in person! A few seconds after I took it, it started pouring rain.

It makes me think of the quote that says:
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." And we did dance today, rain and all, both physically and metaphorically. Hope you have a great day! I'll be back tomorrow with sneak peeks of my June gallery!

2 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Cute pictures. Looking forward to seeing what you have done.

grandma joyce said...

Heidi - I love the face painting - looks like you did a pretty good job. Your quote is great - yes, it is all how we go thru our storms in life that count! God Bless!


Love, Grandma Joyce

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates