Monday, May 25, 2009

Camp-out...

A couple of things about the camp-out...

1. The organic bug spray I bought that made us all smell like a citronella candle...does NOT work!
2. Camping is IDEAL when you are 15 steps from your own bathroom and shower.
3. You would have thought I had taken these three to Disney World with all the excitement in the air.
4. Camping on soft grass is the only way to go.
5. A portable DVD player makes an excellent flash light.
6. Listening to the wind blow through the trees as you fall asleep is magical.

7. The birds are up WAAAAY too early. Like 4:30 a.m. too early! One word: woodpeckers! Ugh!

8. Pitching a tent alone can be done...and I was pretty proud of myself I must admit.
9. When they say 4 man tent...they really mean 3 kids (and all of their stuffed animals )and one adult is ALL there is room for!


10. My dog is not a camper.

11. Marcus and Tanner are good team...they wear each other out! Both of them slept until around 9:00.
12. Camping is just NOT camping without making s'mores!
13. For anyone to get any sleep you have to remind the kids that there are NO bears anywhere near our forest!
We had a blast. We all slept remarkably well, and it was really warm. (The one thing about camping that I don't like, is being cold!) And the first thing out of Tanner's mouth when he woke up this morning was "Mom? Can we do this everyday?" To which I replied..."sometime soon." Happy Memorial Day!

4 comments:

grandma joyce said...

Heidi - Sounds like the kids had a blast camping, especially Tanner and Marcus. Hope Chloe did too. I am not an outdoor camper - give me a hotel anytime and I am happy. Bet those smores were great! Happy Memorial Day!!

Love, Grandma Joyce

Joanie said...

What a great mommie you are...sounds like you all had a lot of fun!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

How fun!!!

nAnnAlYnn said...

camping is great adventure. you are the second best camper in our family next to your brother who could actually survive in the wild for a while. proud of you heidi...but no one could ever convince this camper that there are NO bEaRs anYwhEre near. yOu aRe amazing.
miss your face
love you with all my heart
nAnnAlYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates