Sunday, May 10, 2009

My mom...

Is one of the most beautiful women I have ever met. (Let me explain that she is dressed up as a pirate for Tanner's 4th birthday in this picture...she isn't usually the type to make you walk the plank. LOL.) She is humble and modest and the love and light of Jesus shine through her actions...her words...and her example. She is an artist and creativity oozes out of her. She throw the BEST tea parties for grandchildren. She loves orange chocolate and chai tea. She loves decorating and a good DIY magazine. She can make ANYTHING out of nothing at all. She is fun, and positive and always upbeat. She can teach a Bible story unlike any other!! She taught me how to sew and helped me make the coolest school projects that always got me the highest grade in the class. (Even in college...yes, I said college.) She doesn't have a lazy bone in her body and is always multi-tasking, luckily I inherited her multi-tasking abilities, even though I am much lazier than she is. She is a wonderful wife and partner to my dad. (Seriously...aren't these two just the cutest?)

She can bake...boy can she bake...that is why I gain 5 pounds every time I go home for a visit! But it's soooo worth it!
I don't know how you did it mom!? I was not the "easiest" child to raise. I was stubborn and strong willed. I remember how I treated you when I was 17 and knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. I would have disowned me if I were you. But you never wavered with your unconditional love. Your paTiEncE!! Your prayers for me. Thank you so much. From the bottom of my heart. If I could be more like one person in this world it would be you! I hope to mother my kids with the same heart that you did. If I can, they will turn out just fine. Happy Mother's Day! I loVe you!

1 comments:

Holly said...

What a great Mom we do have indeed-she is the BEST! Well said!! It doesn't matter where you live, how close or how far, you are always just as intimate in spirit across the miles because of the relationship that was cultivated over the years. Besides, we probably talk on the phone daily or every other day amongst the 3 of us!! LOL.... Happy Mothers Day to the wonderful mother that you are:) Your children are blessed beyond measure. Love, Your big sis

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates