Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sneak Peek!

After spending WAY too many hours on just a few pages...I have a few peeks to share. It was fun to sit this afternoon and scrapbook! I feel like I never make the time to sit down in the middle of the day to crop. But when you have a sick day...why not? And especially when you are liking the way things are turning out, you really should keep going...at least that is what I kept telling myself! LOL.

I love SO many things in this kit, but the thing that surprised me the most was how much fun the Heidi Swapp Invisibles alphabet was to work with. It's so easy to color match the letters to your layout. I have already chalked and inked them on the 2 layouts I have done. I even added some stickles for a shiny effect. FUN! (These yellow examples below were done with my old chalks...doesn't everyone have theirs still laying around somewhere? Hee hee.)
Also, while my mom and family came to visit we went junk/antique/thrift store shopping, and then topped it all off with garage sales. We had a blast. I think one of the funnest things about garage sales is meeting new people. We went to a sale just up the street from my house and noticed the woman was selling Sun Coleus. My Aunt decided she wanted some of it and ended up buying the entire flat of it...but needless to say this woman was very (what's a good word for someone obsessed with something) "passionate" about her Sun Coleus that she had grown. It took us forever to get out of there. LOL. But the lady was so cute about her plants and the love she took to grow them and gave us a very lengthy explanation of exactly how to care for and grow them. So here are my cuttings that will someday be planted outside in my planters...that is once they have some roots. (Oh and the old book is from the thrift store...doesn't it have the greatest zebra cover? I love it! However, I have already decided not to read it, because I skimmed it and then flipped to the ending where I read the couple gets into a terrible plane crash and her husband is killed. Um...no thanks! I like the ones with happy endings! LOL.
At least it looks cute!

I also wanted to announce, because I don't think I have mentioned it yet...that Wilna Furstenberg is our guest designer for May! Hooray! She designed for us last May also, and I hope that we can keep this tradition alive, she is such a great person, and totally talented! I'll be back tomorrow with more! Have a great night!

1 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Your sneak peek looks ADORABLE! Can't wait to see what Wilna does, I always love her work. Glad you are feeling better.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates