Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to you!

I have to send out a special birthday wish to my dear Dad! (We won't mention his age...because it's only a number right? LOL) I respect this man more than any other person on the planet (along with my mom of course.) His integrity, honesty, passion for God, and love for his family are constantly inspiring me. His love for my mom, and the sacrifice he makes daily for the lives of so many others are unlike anything I have ever seen! Here he is with a few of the orphans that he works everyday to support. Truly his entire life is a total sacrifice for OTHERS. He is completely selfless. He has been the most influential person in my life and I pretty much want to pattern my life after his. Period.

He is the life of the party and a LOT of fun. He always has time to play with kids and be silly...including my own! Chloe knows that Papa will always read her one more story, even when mom has said that it's time for bed. And Tanner knows that he is always up for a game of hide-and-seek. (The non-scary kind of hide-and-seek, you know, where no one jumps out from behind things screaming.) It's very cute to watch!

This was a family game of dominoes while I was home at Christmas time...see what I mean about always indulging the kids! He was severely handicapped during this game in particular...maybe that's why he didn't win? LOL .EVERYBODY loves Papa!

He is leaving a beautiful legacy for these special little ones. One full of love and service to others, and the perfect example of how to live your life for Christ and the greater good. The verse that most comes to mind is Matthew 10:39 "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

Dad- to the world it may not look like you've "planned" ahead enough for your retirement, you haven't thought of yourself enough for your security and you don't have a big portfolio of stocks and bonds...because you've been too busy supporting the homeless and the orphans and the widows...and surely you may have "lost" in the worlds eyes, but in whose eyes it matters YOU HAVE WON! I love you so much! Happy Birthday D.O.T.Y (Dad Of The Year.)

1 comments:

Jill said...

Beautiful tribute from the daughter

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates