Saturday, April 11, 2009

eggstravaganza...

Here's the before shot. I decided to do a mix of both white and brown eggs this year so we could experiment with the colors. The kids realized right away that the darker the egg started out...the darker color it turned in the dye. Tanner kept asking me all morning, "Mom...I don't have to eat the eggs right? I mean we aren't going to eat them, we're just coloring them right?" He is so funny, he loves scrambled eggs, but not hard boiled. That leaves me to eat them all...or throw them out! Looks like there will be a LOT of egg salad sandwiches in my near future! LOL.

Tanner tried to imitate all of the silly faces he stuck on his eggs.

I love this shot of Chloe. Look at those eyelashes!! And how her little tongue is sticking out because she's concentrating so hard.
I've never thought to let the kids use markers to draw on the eggs before, but it only took them a few minutes to realize how difficult it is to draw on a slippery oval surface. The orange one in the center has Wall-E drawn on it...Tanner is obsessed with Wall-E. Today at Walmart he asked me if we could go to the bakery and tell them "thank you" for making his special Wall-E birthday cake. The lady looked really surprised and happy that it had made him SO happy, and gave both kids little bags of peanut M&M's. I thought that was really sweet of him...I never would have thought to thank her. And the cake did look exactly like the picture in the book. She did a great job!
Once they gave up drawing on them...the rest of the eggs got sticker faces that came with the egg dyeing kit. I loved the striped ones we did...and the brown eggs always make the colors so much better!
It was a fun afternoon...so much to do to prepare for the big day tomorrow! I LOVE Easter! It's such a special time of HOPE and the greatest gift of sacrifice anyone ever gave...given to the whole world. Hope you have a truly blessed Easter!

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Very Cute! I was tempted to use brown eggs but didn't know if they would come out good or not, now I know they will...next year I will be doing the mix.

Happy Easter!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates