Thursday, April 9, 2009

99%

I was working on this little project today...and here is what it looks like so far. I have had this Creating Keepsakes kit of the month kit for-e-ver...I think I decided I "needed" it because I love that Ali Edwards designed it, and I thought it would work well for what I wanted to document. It's a little circular accordion album. I think it really is intended for breast cancer patients to document their journey...but it is working really well for my topic. For a while now I have wanted to document the divorce I am going through in some way...it's such a touchy subject because I don't want to dwell on the reasons behind the d-i-v-o-r-c-e. I want to remember what I am learning through it. I want to be grateful for how it has changed me and to remember God's faithfulness to me during this tough time. Scrapbooking to me isn't about just documenting the Kodak moments and special happy occasions...although I love scrapbooking those also, it's really about what your life really consists of. 99% of my life is not a Kodak moment! So this is real life scrapbooking. The kind that is what most people choose to leave out of their scrapbooks, the parts of our lives that make us human. This is my story. The part I want to focus on at least.
I added some cute Sassafras Lass paper whimsies and a button as a finishing touch to the cover.

There are several little circular transparencies that are included in the kit which made photographing it at dusk really hard.

I added the Daisy D's arrow, and a recent photo booth picture to the kit here. The rest (rub-ons, stickers and transparency) were all from the kit.
I layered the circle transparency from the kit over a Scenic Route journaling spot and added the rub-ons. The heart sticker is by Daisy D's and the star epoxy button is Making Memories.
These were all rub-ons included in the kit. I love that HOPE rub-on. There were 5 sheets of these rub-ons in various colors. I used the black here.
The stickers and border on the left hand page were all included with the kit. I added the heart tag and ribbon by Making Memories to embellish it a little. The right hand page has a transparency that reads "one day at a time, one foot in front of the other" I added the felt flower (from our May kit) and the Sassafras Lass sticker.
Up close.

Just a few more photo booth pictures and some journaling added.

Here are some really pathetic pictures (it was nearly dark) of the album propped up so you can see how it is all attached. I still have the back side of it to finish.


Here is the first two pages on the back I am working on next. (I can't believe I'm sharing unfinished pages!) LOL. I need to add journaling to the left hand side. The flower buttons are Sassafras Lass from our May kit and that cute felt bird I found at the antique store. The fabric tag is by K & Company. (Thanks Mandy...I love them!)
The best part about working on a small album like this is how quickly it comes together! I plan on working on finishing it tomorrow.
Also, if you have emailed me to purchase kits from our Spring Cleaning Sale I had a customer let me know that her invoice from Pay Pal had gone into her junk email folder. If you are waiting for an invoice they have all been sent, so email me if you have any issues @ heidi@freehandscraps.com. Have a great night!

2 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
the little album is totally adorable.
i love the blue bird of happiness
from the antique store. i'm
praying for you. thinking of the
verse from ps. 40 "withhold not thou
thy tender mercies from me O LOrd,
let thy loving kindness and thy
truth continually preserve me."
may the Lord keep your heart
today/everyday. i love you to bits,
nAnnAlYnn mOm

grandma joyce said...

Heidi - I refuse to use the "D" word. I know there is separation here - but I as a caring and loving grandmother to your two sweet children - I do hang on to faith and therefore; there is always hope in a very trying situation. As in Romans 8:25 says - If we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverence.

Love, Grandma Joyce

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates