Monday, February 16, 2009

Scrap stuff...

Well I made a small dent in my to-scrapbook list this weekend. I had a few more ideas to make layouts using my "Dark Chocolate" February kit. (I just usually never have the time to finish them before my gallery has to be done.) So yesterday afternoon I sat down and finished them, and then used some of my CHA stash of new products to make one more layout as well. I also have made some progress on my gallery for March, but that can't be shared quite yet...LOL.
I made this layout using the February kit and our Christmas card picture from this year.
Half of my journaling was done using my old typewriter and then I used the Basic Grey monogram letter stickers to write "earth." Originally they were a pale blue color, but I decided I wanted them to be brown so I used ink to cover the blue and then still wasn't happy with the color of them, so I painted over the top of it with cream paint. Finally they looked "right" and I liked the way it turned out. I added ribbon that I stitched to the picture and the little home metal tile under the photo. I also used the darling winged wool felt heart that my mom had made (which I shared in an earlier post.) I love the way it turned out!

The journaling reads "As long as I am on this earth...this will be where I feel most at HOME...with you in my arms."
This layout is about how much I LOvE dark chocolate! I think the world would be a better place if we all ate some chocolate everyday. LOL. I love the look of the KI Memories stamp, stamped over the October Afternoon music notes paper. I added paint to the edges and rub-ons to the centers of the flowers to give them a little extra personality.
The rub-ons are by Fancy Pants in "Daily Grind." I think they give the layout just the right touch of color.
And finally, I had fun playing with some of the new My Mind's Eye product, and I love that little title that says, "Life, I love you." Perfect for my frame of mind. It's from their "Penny Lane" line.
I added some KI Memories buttons, a little lace from our February kit, and a heart shaped Love, Elsie chipboard button. The word stickers used in the journaling are by Rebecca Sower from a 100 years ago. LOL. I love them. I stitched around the entire die cut paper to add some more texture and liked the way it turned out. I loved these pictures of our feet!

Hope you have an excellent Monday! Just a quick reminder...if your subscription went through today or you made a purchase...your kits are being sent out in the morning because of the holiday!

1 comments:

Amanda Smith said...

Very cute pages!! I love the dark chocolate layout especially. You are right, the rub-ons are the perfect touch and I like the stamp on the music sheet paper. Love it! Is the shaped paper on the "life" page also from MME?

Thanks for sharing. Glad to see you got some time this weekend to create. I am looking forward to getting my March kit!

Mandy

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates