Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Counting crazy!

Chloe is cracking me up lately...she is really into counting everything, and I do mean everything. The things she usually counts are the number of broccoli spears on her plate at dinner (she LOVES broccoli) and the number of dresses that Cinderella has to wear, and the number of cups in the dishwasher as she hands them to me to put away. So today as she counted everything in the store, she needed to use the bathroom. (Okay, I know I have posted about their need to use every public restroom in the entire state of Illinois...and how it's always an emergency...and how most of the time, if we're going to be there for longer than about an hour, we have to visit the restroom twice! Why me?) So we head into the bathroom and she starts counting the sinks (of course) and then as we wash her hands she starts counting the bathroom stalls and decides that those numbers must correspond...so that everyone who uses the bathroom has their own sink. It was true of our Target today. Man is she observant or what? I have never in my life considered counting sinks or toilets or anything else in a restroom for that matter. Maybe that means she will have better math skills than her mother? That would be good. LOL. So next time you're in a public bathroom you'll have to count to see if the ratio of stall to sinks is even. Ha ha.

I also have one more quote by Tanner to share. He is just going through this super sweet phase right now, where he tells you exactly what is on his mind, and loves to talk mushy to you. It's really so cute. I am soaking it up, and not looking forward to the day when he thinks I'm a total dork...just because I'm his mother. So I was putting him to bed last night and we had prayed and he had been tucked in, and of course he had just one more thing to tell me...

"I love you Mom...you're the most happiest Mom in my life. And you're the most
amazing-mazing-mazing-mazing Mom in our city and I love you!"
I ran right into the kitchen to write it down so I could just get it word-for-word exactly how he had said it. Does life get any better than this? Yes, I know I could choose to focus on all of the hard things that I'm dealing with in my life (and trust me there is plenty of that) I could focus on the people who are negative and who have tried to hurt me and my kids. I could throw my hands up in the air and give up my HOPE. But when I focus on the those sweeter-than-sweet moments, and don't give the other stuff a second thought. The clouds clear and the sun starts shining right down into my soul. So that is what is important today to me...counting sinks...I am choosing to have faith and believe that God is working all of those hard things together for my good and the good of my kids also. Sometimes you just need to "refocus your focus." Can I get a good Amen? LOL. Hope you have a great night!

2 comments:

truleetraci said...

Your Kids are TOO CUTE! I love it when you share the "daily stories" with us!!!
I think I will be counting stalls & sinks this week... ha!

Here is a scripture for Miss Chloe & her counting:
Psalms 139:17-18 "Your thoughts--how rare, how beautiful! God, I'll never comprehend them! I couldn't even begin to count them-- any more than I could count the sand of the sea. Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you!"

and tell Mr. Tanner I agree with him! Best Mom in the City!
Enjoy those moments with him... but I have to tell you they get even sweeter! I have a lumbering 6'2 nearly 21 year old that still says that stuff to me... and you think it melts you when they are little... honey you just wait!

Have a Great day!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

So sweet. Those guys are too cute and you are doing a great job. Keep enjoying the little things.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates