Monday, October 6, 2008

Week In Life...

I uploaded another batch of pictures from my weekend for the "Week in the Life" project I have been doing with Ali Edwards. The idea is to document your everyday life so that in years to come you can see the changes. (Boy I wish my grandma and mom had done this...I can't imagine how different their lives would have looked compared with mine this week.) I have pictures of cows, guitars, toys, glasses of milk, rivers, bridges, sunsets, kids, dishes, dogs, deer, leaves, and lists. It has been a fun little experiment and I think I learned a lot from just jotting down notes from the daily routine. I thought I would share a couple of them here.

First...a layout I made using *mostly* the Oct. kit that just happened to be sitting on my scrap table at the beginning of the week.
Wonder how much it cost when my grandma was my age(?)...I bet it's depressing!


This picture cracks me up...my dog is on the "Green Bean Diet" because he is a little chubby. So the vet wanted me to try this method. You basically feed them less and give them green beans with their food, which have very few calories and no fat. He LOVES them, and never acts hungry! The best part is that it's working! He is definitley looking slimmer.
Another deer in the yard...actually there were 2, but I couldn't get both of them in the picture.
An a-m-a-z-i-n-g sunset. (Which never would have been captured if I wasn't toting around my camera for this little project.)

His very favorite spot.
Tanner decided that his mouse would have a conversation with the bird on my blog.
I finally decorated for fall...the kids are totally getting excited for Halloween! It was fun to photograph the before and afters of what the house looks like during summer as opposed to fall.
I have also recently been playing my guitar daily. I have been learning a few new songs which is always fun...but boy is it hard to take a picture of yourself playing!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Alecia Castro said...

GREAT photos!! And the green bean diet, and conversation between the mouse and blog birdie cracked me up!!

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
it's a great idea..a week in the life. i like your pictures. it is so so tanner to do a conversation--his mouse with your blog bird.
IF i had pictures from when i was
your present age---
pretty sure gas was less than $1,
but there would have been pictures of a bible, banjo, skis, a log cabin, a racquetball racquet... kids, a big dog named barley, and riverside alliance church.
i want to see your finished project. love you,
nAnnAlYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates