Monday, October 13, 2008

Updates!

First an update on Amanda Smith. She and baby are still being monitored closely in the hospital and could use our prayers. They will do another ultrasound on Weds. to check for growth. If there isn't an improvement then they will deliver the baby. So pray, and then pray a little more. Hang in there Mandy!


Second...I spent the afternoon getting kits kitted for our designers. Let me just tell you...this is just about the cutest kit EVER! I joked with my sister that if there were a way to sew these papers into clothing, I would be wearing them right now. It is full of antique and vintage items with all the latest products from some of my favorite scrapbook companies! I am so excited about it...I will be posting some sneak peeks tomorrow. I am also working on a mid-week newsletter, so be looking for that in your inbox (or here also!)


And third, we spent the afternoon yesterday at Tanners Orchard. (Not surprising that Tanner loves this place. LOL) But Chloe has been talking about it for a year, since we were there last fall. It is an apple orchard, but is completely geared towards families and has so much more to offer than just delicious apples. They have an entire area just for kids that is just SO much fun. Lots of animals to feed and pet and watch. Rides. Sand boxes. Giant play areas. Mini golf. Apple barrel rides. A hay maze. And most importantly PONY rides! (Yes we had to ride them, not once, but twice!) This place is quickly becoming one of our most favorite family traditions!


Tanner had to wear his hat...of course!
Weeks ago, Chloe took one look at these boots...and declared that she had to have them to ride "her pony." Reluctantly I bought them (if you have a little girl then you know...the last thing they need is ANOTHER pair of shoes!) As it turned out...it was 85 degrees here yesterday and so I tried to talk her out of wearing them, I figured she would be hot and uncomfortable trying to run and play in them. She wouldn't hear of it! So she wore her boots proudly and admittedly looked pretty cute in them, and got lots of compliments. The funny thing is...she climbed the 7 foot tall rock wall in them. Got a hole-in-one in miniature golf in them. And played for hours with no complaints. Not to mention that she did, of course, ride "her pony" twice in them. I feel a scrapbook page coming on...all about how mother's aren't always right. LOL
They have a tractor that pulled them all around the apple orchard in these apple cider barrels. They loved this!

Here's another play area that is an old bus they can climb in. I asked Tanner if he recognized one of the words on the side of the bus, meaning his name! He said "yea, Mom, it's just s-t-o-p, stop." (They are learning about the traffic signs in school right now, so I'm sure that explains his response.) When I showed him his name, his entire face lit up! "Oh yeah, that is my name! Cool!"

They ended the day with one of these, and a bag of popcorn. Good times, good times.
Have a great night! And don't forget to check back for sneak peeks tomorrow of our Nov. kit!

3 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
so glad to hear that mandy is still
hanging in there...but we'll continue to pray all the more.
the excursion to tanner's orchard
looks really fun! cute pictures!
adorable kids. chloe...i really do
lOvE those boots!
and i love YoU,
nAnnAlYnn

Jen said...

Heidi,
Love the pictures. Can I say that I would love just a little bit more WARM weather. We have had our first freeze and I must say I thought I wanted cooler weather but going from 70 to Freezing almost over night has been hard. Glad you had fun and LOVE the boots girl. She's nothing like her mom.....To fun to have a cool picture for Tanner at a place with his name. Hope you all are well and enjoying the canging seasons.
Love,
Jen

Amanda Smith said...

Chloe looks adorable in her little outfit and boots! The apple orchard looks like fun....oh, do I LOVE fall! Can't wait to see the sneek peeks for the kit as well! :)

Love ya,
Mandy

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates