Friday, August 1, 2008

It's UP!

"Vibe" is up for sale! Just thought I would share a few of my layouts from my gallery...if you haven't checked out the entire gallery you MUST! It is such a fun kit!

I just had to use that vintage "hello my name is" badge, and I thought the old playing card went well with a "pair" of shoes! I do LOVE grid paper, in any shade or color, I freehand cut that frame and used pop dots to give the whole layout some dimension. I sanded the edges and added a little chalk to distress it even more. I have not made an 8X11 page in forever and it was really fun just for a change. It was quick!


I love it that those buttons are self-adhesive and have a great dimension to them as they stand off the page a little.
I wanted to use the record on a layout and these photo booth pictures of Chloe and I fit the bill perfectly! I also used the "just the edge" cardstock by Bazzill as a quick accent. I added the rub-ons to the edge of the photo booth strip of pictures. I just folded a few strips of paper, and tucked them under the edge of the photo booth pictures for handmade tabs. (The pictures are popped up again with pop dots for that dimension...can't scrapbook without them these days!)
Here is a close-up of the chipboard squares I covered with the fabric you're getting in the kit. I just cut it in squares and pulled it tightly around, I simply used glue dots to attach the fabric and adhere it the layout. (I also adhered the record with glue dots.)
I loved using this Prima paintable paper! It took me back to my childhood days that I spent crafting and coloring!! I do love to color. I just got to work with my watercolor pencils and got my shading and colors worked out, and then painted lightly with water over the top. The cool thing about this technique is that you can add more color/or more water depending on if you want to darken or lighten it. You really can't mess up! I am going to take and extra sheet and make a card or layout using just a few of the buildings cut out.
The colors look better in person, the picture just doesn't do it justice. But you could chalk, ink, paint with acrylic paint, use crayons, markers, really use a variety of things. The possibilities are endless! And it doesn't get much better than putting a cherished verse on a layout! (The picture is of my Bible that I have had since I was 17 years old. I will never part with it! My most valuable possession!)
For this card I simply cut out the black crow from patterned paper, poured paint onto the background and used my paint spreader (Making Memories distressing kit) to make a design for the background. I gave the bird something to stand on, by using irregularly cut strips of paper and also the vintage sheet music tag.
Well it's off to the post office for me, with a boat load of boxes! Hope you all enjoy your kits this month! I would love to see the fun things you create, so please share. Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
thanks for sharing all that inspiration. you have actually made me want to get out the water color pencils and go for it. i love your record page and shoe girl LO. your design team did a great job and it is really fun to see their styles. when you see someone's artwork combined with their pics/journaling it's nearly like you've met them. thanks again and nice to meet those talented designers!
nAnnAlYnn

katie said...

pfft... why couldn't you have given me the rainbow record?! i *love* rainbows! haha...just kidding [kinda] i mean, i cut mine up anyway, so it's not like it really mattered.

<3katie

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates