Friday, August 8, 2008

A post...

from Colorado!! We drove all day yesterday and into the night and finally made it! Actually we made really good time, considering we had to stop a LOT for bathroom breaks. Not just for the kids, but also for the dog!! It is so great to be here and have a little family reunion. Right now the kids are playing with their cousins and the laughter can be heard throughout the house. It is making my heart smile! Even the dog is completely content here...it really is a 2nd home to us at Nana and Papa's house. I am enjoying the clear sunny sky and the absence of humidity more than I can express. I even got to sleep in this morning since I went to bed around 2 am. (thanks to Nana!)

Speaking of my mom, she is a decorating genius and her whole house looks completely different since I was here the last time. (I haven't visited in 9 months.) I am planning to take pictures tomorrow of all of the fun things she has done. Talk about finding inspiration! She made a window treatment in my room with a branch and fun foam leaves sewn together and little birds, for a woodsy look that is totally darling! I will share the pictures of that tomorrow for sure. I think she missed her true calling. Seriously she should work for Pottery Barn catalog as a stager, she would be so good at that! The best part about her decorating is that she uses what she already has to re-create something that looks completely different. Some of the things she has around, I can remember vividly from my childhood home. It's mixed in with some new, and some antiques, and some junk-store finds, the result is brilliant. It's cozy and funky and FUN!

Hope you are having a super day! If you want some home decor inspiration check back here tomorrow!

1 comments:

katie said...

oooh! i can't wait to see!

it's funny because i was just thinking to myself, "i wonder when the last time heidi posted...? it seems like it's been a while."

<3katie

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates