Friday, August 29, 2008

TGIF...

Yep, it's a good thing it's Friday. I am looking forward to a long, holiday weekend. I have to tell you some very good news about the critter patrol I have been on. My very brave friend Christy had come to help me set traps and look around for the culprit. (We really didn't even know what exactly we were looking for.) What we found may shock you...lol. There was a bug crawling up a plastic bag and it was what was causing the racket...can you believe it? It wasn't even a big bug, it was rather small, but it sure did make some scary noise!! Even Christy was sure that there was something lurking in the corner, she even thought she heard it squeak. But boy were we glad (especially me) that we were wrong. So I was in a panic for no reason. All that the kids had let into the house was apparently a smallish bug, not a rodent or something scary. So this story has a rather dull ending, but I will take it!! Thank you very much.

So onto the fun of the day...I stayed up waaaay too late last night scrapbooking! I am feeling it today, but I was on a roll and just couldn't make myself stop. I think I am addicted to productivity. I was loving a few of the things that I made and of course have plans to make a few more things using our Sept. kit "Little Bird." So here are a few more peeks.

These are pictures of Chloe in gymnastics class in her little legwarmers. So I just had to give the silly bird some funny looking legwarmers too! I am such a dork. LOL. I think these pictures are extra special to me because it was a parent-tot class that we did together. It was one of the first times that we spent time just the two of us. It was a real bonding experience and we both got a great workout. Plus we had a ton of fun doing it! I had also done the same classes with Tanner when he was her age. So good for their self-esteem. They amazed themselves with how much they could do!
Here's a shot of the kids having a grand old time playing outside. It isn't the best shot of the two of them. But I think I liked it because it is the epitomy of how their relationship works. They truly are best friends. But they like to fight with each other also. They could be having a blast one minute and the next be fighting and chasing each other. I have really enjoyed watching them play lately. It's so funny how they take on certain roles and who takes the leader role and for how long the other one allows that to happen before they insist on being the leader.
And here is a random shot of the sunset. It is very unusual to see from my house the different colors in the sky like this. I thought it looked so pretty so I grabbed my camera...how cool would it look to write in white pen directly on that picture on a layout?
I hope that you are having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Holly said...

I am so excited for Monday-does the gallery go live on the holiday? Those are some very cute legwarmers on the bird! I am looking for some leg warmers for this fall and winter for dance-where did you get Chloe's? Hope you have a great holiday long weekend! I am missing you already and wish we were together for some fun!! Holl

grandma joyce said...

Heidi - I agree that Tanner and Chloe are the best of friends and would be lost without each other.

Oh, how I wish I could also see them play each day the way you do, what a blessing they are!!

Thank you so much for the pictures.

Love, Grandma Joyce

Heidi Stork said...

Hi Holly!
Yes the gallery goes live on Monday...woohoo. Very exciting! I got those leg warmers at the Junior League Holiday Mart, from a lady who hand-knit them. Remember going there? We drove through the drive through at Taco Johns on the way home and laughed and laughed. I also got Chloe another pair at the kid thrift store here for $1.50so they were a sweet deal. I will keep my eye out for another pair for Halle. I just love them on little girls!

Did you take some time to scrapbook last night?

Love ya, Heidi

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
this birdie layout is adorable!
cute little bird with legwarmers...
did you just create your own product?
i think so! all the pictures are
great...the tree picture is very cool. can't wait for the kit release
and to see what the designers have
created.
love,
nAnnAlYnn

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Little bird leg warmers...too cute!

redoaklines said...

this looks like a fun kit!! :)

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates