Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday...

Well it was a crazy busy week, but we had a little rest time this weekend. Since I haven't been feeling the greatest and have had a little bit of a cold, I broke down and took a nap yesterday afternoon while the kids napped. That is totally out of character for me! But I am feeling better with each passing day, so that's good. Hope you all had an excellent weekend!


I wanted to share a few of the techniques that I used on the acrylic mini book that I made for the gallery this month. I have had more than a few emails from people asking me questions about using acrylic. So what better place to share than here?

The grid rub-ons look great on the acrylic. Here you can see them from the front...and below on the back. I used a little acrylic paint to rub around the edges to give them more dimension.
The vintage sheet music tags and patterned paper work really well, because they are double sided. I punched a hole through the acrylic with my trusty dusty crop-a-dile to tie the fabric piece through the tag.I also painted a few of the chipboard circles to add even more dimension.
Woah! Sorry about the blur! It isn't easy photographing anything clear!
Those little stickers are by 7 Gypsies and I stuck one on the back also so that it covered it completely. The polka dotted arrows I stamped with Staz On ink. (This is the only ink recommended for use on acrylic.)


I painted on the very back of the album so that I could write "the end."
Just thought I would share! Off to the post office for another drop off...again!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates