Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday...

Here are some random thoughts about what I miss (some that I had even forgotten) about living in Denver. First and most importantly my family (I could NEVER forget this one, no matter how hard I may try to push it out of my mind.) My friends and just randomly bumping into people I know at the store, or the salon, or the mall. I forgot how much I miss my radio station (I had forgotten about that one!) It's amazing how just the right song can brighten up your day! I miss the weather and having NO humidity, I have had good-hair-days. My curly hair and the humidity are just not a good combination! Knowing the city and how to get everywhere. I feel like I get turned around a LOT back home, since everything is so spread out. And let's face it, it takes a good year or two to really "know" all of the freeways and roads where you live. I miss the convenience of everything being right at your fingertips, and Target being 10 minutes away. I miss all of the really inexpensive pedicure shops that are on nearly every corner here. I miss my favorite stores here, Anthropology, Tallulah Jones, Patina, and the JoAnns out by my old house. (Wendy- Tallulah Jones was so much fun yesterday, I am so glad you came with me!) I miss the sunsets over the gorgeous mountains that you can see off the back deck at my parents house. The crisp air, and the blue sky. I miss family gatherings and walking into restaurants to tell the hostess that we have a group of 14 people. I miss a few restaurants here that are no where to be found back home, one is PF Changs, and then also Chick-Fil-A. I made a list and had to eat at both during our visit. Everything is nearly crossed off the "to-do in Colorado" list, so tomorrow we are heading home. A long drive is ahead. But I just keep thinking about all of the new scrapbooking products that will be waiting for me when I get there, and that makes it a little better. It's always so hard to say goodbye. Hope you are all having a great week!

4 comments:

Amanda Smith said...

I hope you enjoyed some chik-fil-a for me...oh how we miss those chicken nuggets w/ polynesian sauce! Glad you are having a great time in Denver - Have a safe drive home :)

Mandy

Holly said...

Heidi,

I LOVED having you here and wish that the stay could be just a few days or weeks longer. Love that you encourage me to live a little, laugh with me, and just overall inspire me! I have a nearly completed layout and 2 movies under my belt thanks to you!

Miss you already my little sis!

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
glad to know that you made it home
safe & sound. i miss you & kids
already. amazingly--i haven't found
any penguin orphans or tiny toys that
need to travel back to you...but i
haven't looked down in the cushions
yet. we love you!
nannA & papa

grandma joyce said...

THANK YOU HEIDI FOR MAKING THE LONG DRIVE TO COLORADO - WE ABSOLUTELY ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE WITH TANNER AND CHLOE AND CANNOT WAIT TO BE WITH THEM AGAIN SOON!! LOVE, GRANDMA JOYCE

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates