Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and a newsletter...

Well there is just so much to share around this time of year. My whole family headed home today...and they will be missed greatly! I always cry when they are pulling out of the driveway. I don't know why I get so emotional at that exact moment, but I think I was just so blessed to be with them this week! We had so much fun together.

Remember how I had posted that Tanner thought when Papa got here he was going to "go out to the dark forest and hunt for a wild turkey to cook for our Thanksgiving dinner?" Well being the great sport that my dad is...he took the kids on a wild turkey hunt in the woods behind our house the day before Thanksgiving. My mom rummaged around and found him some turkey hunting necessities...like a cool hat, a satchel, and a tall walking stick. The kids decided to wear hunting hats and put on their backpacks for the big adventure. It was hilarious! My brother went down and hid in an old pile of brush and was making the most realistic turkey/bird calls I have ever heard. In fact they were so real, we thought there might have been a real bird around. (I couldn't make a bird call to save my life!) So my dad made some more calls to see if my brother would answer and he did. The kids were excited, but a little nervous I think. Would the turkey have teeth? Would he be bigger than them? Would he bite? We got right to where my brother was hiding and my dad yelled "We've got one and it's BIG!" Then my brother jumped out of the bush and the kids I think were secretly relieved that it was just Uncle Jake, and not a real turkey. We were all laughing hysterically!

Here are the turkey hunters posing for me after their expedition. (Yes I have a giant bronze buffalo in my yard and his name is Abe.)
And now onto the newsletter...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said it last month also, but this is such a wonderful time of year. Christmas is definitely my most favorite holiday, I love everything about it. The family gatherings, seeing the wonder in my children’s eyes, the decorations, the lights, the reminder of what the season is all about, and of course giving gifts to show how much we love our friends and family! It’s time to gear up for the busy holiday season, and here at Freehand Scraps we are here to help! There is nothing better than putting your own unique touch on the gifts that you give. And what better way to shop than from the comfort of your own home?
Think that one of our kits would be the perfect gift for a friend or crafty family member? We would be happy to ship, wrap, and personalize your greeting for you. We can either ship it directly to you, or to the recipient. So bring on the season of giving!
I am so excited to share our December kit with you!! “Decked Out” is flying right out the door (literally.) I made my first mass shipping this morning! So don’t wait to get your hands on it.

It is packed with fun colors and just a touch of holiday themed products, so it is very easy to use for many different occasions. (I wrapped a birthday present with it!) You will love the gallery and all of the inspiration you’ll find. Just look at these darling ornaments that our designer Jaime Warren made. I will definitely be using this idea!
This is the last month that Nicole Eshelman will be designing for us. She has filled our gallery with inspiration for the past few months and I have just loved working with her! Thanks Nicole for everything!
We also have a super talented guest designer this month, Chataqua Yardley! You have to see her gallery!
Last, but definitely not least, I want to thank each and every one of you for your support of Freehand Scraps and all of your kind words and emails. I pray that you have a very blessed holiday season!

Heidi

1 comments:

Holly said...

Heidi,

love the turkey hunting story and pictures. I am loving that great ornament from Jamie-too cute!! I just read the story to Halle and she is laughing and talking about seeing her cousins really soon. Caleb is yelling PaPa hat....and smiling at Tanner and Chloe and Uncle Jake. I can't wait to get my kit tonight.....Love you!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates