Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Teacher gifts...

I was trying to come up with teacher gifts this year that were creative. I know the kids teachers, but I don't really "know" them...does that make sense? I don't know what they like/dislike and I know the kind of gifts that I got as a teacher. Well, it wasn't that I didn't appreciate those things, but how were those parents to know that I am basically allergic to almost all lotions? I had more bottles of lotion and bath salts than I knew what to do with. Maybe there were a lot of Mary Kay consultant mothers?? I don't know. I also did not need one more teacher/apple/chalkboard themed gift...although I do know plenty of teacher who loved that sort of present! So I was trying to think of something inexpensive and something that most women would appreciate. I saw these beautiful poinsettia plants and thought they were perfect! All they need is some cute paper wrapped around them (I was thinking of something with a scalloped edge) and a creative tag or card for the finishing touch. And the price was only $4.50! Perfect! I had at least 3 women tell me on my way out of Walmart how beautiful they were. The best part is that I get to enjoy them at my house for a week or so, until it's time to give them away!

I'll have to share pictures of how they look in the end, right now they have a very ugly plastic wrapper on them! They would even be pretty sitting on an antique china plate. Hmmmm...lots of ways to get creative with these.

Have a wonderful night!



0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates