Monday, May 31, 2010

Traditions...

(image found HERE)

I hope you're having a beautiful holiday weekend! In keeping with tradition we camped out. It was about 90 degrees with 80% humidity, but it cooled off once the sun went down. Besides the giggling until nearly 11:00p.m. I think everybody slept pretty good. If the birds hadn't started chattering away around 4:15 a.m. I would have been a happy camper, but that is just a little too early for this girl. When I woke up I looked over at the kids and caught Tanner laying there with a huge smile plastered across his face. It made it all worth it!
I also learned my flashlight app on my iPhone can be made into a strobe light...which is very useful information when you're trying to entertain kids. They used their colored flashlights to play light saber sword fights. We had a blast! I took some time yesterday to explain to the kids what Memorial Day is all about, and was reminded myself of what a privilege it is to live here. Of how grateful I am to the men and women who serve their country daily and the sacrifices they make. And for all of those who lost their lives so that we could enjoy our freedoms...I am SO grateful! Happy Memorial Day!

So are you ready for the big reveal in the morning of our latest kit "Parasol?" I'm getting really excited to share it! It will be up for sale at 8:00 a.m. CST tomorrow....wait until you see the gallery! See you then!

1 comments:

Ms. Chyme said...

I love camping... Great post dear.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates