Monday, May 17, 2010

Scrappiness...

I am in total scrap room makeover mode right now. I have been taking it all apart and putting it s-l-o-w-l-y back together again. Of course working in there makes me want to scrapbook, so I keep taking breaks. It could be a very long process! LOL! I also got to go to a friends for a crop who recently moved her scrap space and it's fabulous...so I was feeling inspired. I took down the curtains and want to figure something out new to do as window treatments...maybe a garland of some sort? I have 2 solid walls of windows, so I am loving the added light in there without window coverings. But it looks a little bare in there now, so I'll be dreaming up something fun and creative and cheap to do on the windows.

Here is a layout that I made at the crop on Friday. I realized when I got there that I had not brought a single embellishment with me! I travel light these days when I head to crops and only packed some paper/photos and tools. I did have some Cosmo Cricket "elements" papers, which is what I used here to decorate. This is a photo from Mother's Day...I got served breakfast in bed. Pretty fancy huh?

Here's another simple layout. Quick and easy.

The colors here look a little off. It's better in person...but I always think that's the case.
Chipboard letters are from the "Clothespin" kit and this paper is from the "Brilliant" kit.
I'll have to share some pictures of the scrap room soon. I hope you all had great weekend! I had not one but 2 viruses on my laptop within a week so I wasn't able to blog. Here's to hoping that it's smooth sailing from here on out! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Cute pages! I need that little camera. Will it be in an upcoming kit? I cannot wait to see the pictures of you new and improved scrap studio :) Miss u!

nAnnAlYnn said...

the camera is adOrable...
great layout. those are cool letters
as well. looks like one yummy
breakfast.

truleetraci said...

how EXCITING that you are re-doing your scrap space! It will refresh your creativity!!!! I am still in the process of doing mine... I get distracted too!!! LOL
years ago I saw a cute idea for a curtain valance... a woman had taken her dresses from when she was a baby/toddler and fed the curtain rod thru the arms... and the valance was multi colored ruffly dresses with vintage/family charm!
How sweet would THAT look !!!
any way... I have been "storing" that in the recesses of my brain!it's out now! room for new stuff! LOL
can't wait to see what your room looks like... post some pics!
Love you!!!

Amanda Smith said...

That camera is cute. Did you just cute that out from the elements paper? I was using that paper this weekend and didn't even notice it!

Cute pages. Glad you had fun at the crop :)

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates